I hope you die...

by WatchTowerofBabel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Welcome to jwn WatchTowerofBabel

Wow our minds really got screwed over didn't they?

When someone, who the family knew did

die, we had a standard thing to say..."oh well, now they'll

come back in the new world"!

Thereby avoiding too much grieving over them ...... and then

we could get right back out there preaching without let up!

Did someone say this is a CULT...............

clarity

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

All of that is a lie. Nobody gets a free 2nd chance based on when they live.

• sir82
    sir82
    I also used to think about killing my family and as many people I liked as I could before I was stopped

Frankly, if JWs truly believed what they preached, they'd all do this.

It takes, what, 4000+ hours of preaching to get one new baptism?

It would be a far more efficient use of their time to just off a couple dozen people each, thus guaranteeing their victims a free trip to paradise via a resurrection.

• perfect1
    perfect1

What is the doctine that makes this idea appealing ?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I remember when my dad died (he was apostate, but not me) I was so relieved because I felt like Jehovah knew what a kind, loving man he really was and that for sure he would be resurrected. When he disassociated himself, it felt like someone had gutted me with a knife. Strangely, not long after he died, I innocently found something on the web that forever changed me and then it became a burning mission to find out the truth about "the truth".

I told my oldest brother about this and he said that dad told him that of all of his kids, I would be the one to come around. I know this sounds strange but I felt like he (my dad) was the one pushing me to keep investigating even though he was dead.

• mouthy
    mouthy

We were told if we died BEFORE Armeggedon we would get a resurrection
    ,but if we were sinning,or doubting when it came we were toast....That is why so many killed themselves
    I also heard that is why LOGO( cant remember his name ),Killed his wife & kids,
    so they would have a resurrection unlike him.

Weird .....Yes we were to believe it....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I can recall having this very weird thought process too.

I wonder how common it is? I can't remember Witnesses ever mentioning it.

• carla
    carla

This is one of those things in dubland that non jw's do not believe, they can't. What kind of disgusting thought is that?! so instead they think you are making it up to further bad mouth a religion you don't like. jw's will not admit it either, at least in the company of non jw's.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It seemed unfair to me that people who lived bad lives were given a "backdoor" to a better place... I think that God takes notice of our lives at this very moment and that we will also be judged over this live as well... or else it would totally not make any sense to keep living in this world would it? ...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Welcome, WTofBabel. I hadn't thought of this point before, either, but it's very true. I hoped my unbelieving father would die before Armageddon. Although I always believed that God would be merciful and that he saw the good in people and would not destroy non-JWs. Back when I was suicidal I also had the thought that it was better to die then because I would be resurrected. So twisted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit