Christ's 'silence' on slavery.

by tec 149 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Tec, if you were to explain a spiritual point to a non believer..... Would you use an analogy of a slave ?

What about describing his duty as a slave of being 'faithful and discreet' to his owner even if he isnt around! Would you dare describe an EVIL slave as one that doesnt do as he is ordered by his MASTER when his master is away? i think you know all this tec, this thread is you fighting your inner turmoil, not Us.i have no doubt you will leave the wandering shepherd myths from the desert 2000 years ago, one day soon.
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

I would never use a slave analogy to teach a lesson on morals. If I accepted slavery as valid, then maybe, but I don't, so it is unthinkable.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He claimed to be the son of his god

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Where did you get this information? Are you giving authority to the GOSPELS! It's almost like they are needed in order to construct a coherent structure of Christ! The fact is that they are pro Roman documents are they not? Then how could you use them as an authority? They are propaganda! Is Josephus your source? Herod? Pontius Pilate?

-San

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@tec - Christ came to set people free. From within. Free from bondage to sin; death; anger; lies; hate; etc.

It's been well over 2,000 years and the last time I checked not much has changed with those things. People that seek Jesus their whole life are still dying, still in bondage, are victims to lies and have bouts of hate and anger. The mission hasn’t been at all successful unless this whole thing is defined like a George Bush Iraq mission accomplished was. Did his check just not clear?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The mission hasn’t been very successful unless this whole thing is defined like a George Bush Iraq mission accomplished.

We won't know what Bush really did until at least a decade from now. Right now we don't understand his actions, but I have faith that they will be understood in times to come. The same could be said for Obama. The fact is the People don't know sh*t. One day we might, but it's obvious we are kept in the dark in many regards. That doesn't mean what we see as senselessness isn't righteousness in disguise. I believe in America.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Where did you get this information? Are you giving authority to the GOSPELS! It's almost like they are needed in order to construct a coherent structure of Christ! The fact is that they are pro Roman documents are they not? Then how could you use them as an authority? They are propaganda! Is Josephus your source? Herod? Pontius Pilate?

Meh---I'm not gonna get involved in theological differences between believers---tell it to Tec. She seems to think Jesus is God's son, and this is her thread. You can choose to hijack it and get into all that freaky theology that you make up, or you can keep it on topic.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Meh---I'm not gonna get involved in theological differences between believers---tell it to Tec. She seems to think Jesus is God's son, and this is her thread. You can choose to hijack it and get into all that freaky theology that you make up, or you can keep it on topic.

Don't dodge this. Where did you get the idea that someone claimed to be the Son of God?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Son of God is saying that EVERYTHING belongs to him BECAUSE it's been awarded to Him. We are supposed to be slaves to HIM not anyone else. If we belong to something else, that's cheating on Him! So this is very much on topic.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

We are supposed to be slaves to HIM not anyone else

Is that why he didn't codemn slavery? Now it all makes sense it's all a big f'ckd up property dispute! I just love to think of myself as someones property, don't you?

</sarcasm>

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus actually teaches people to be slaves--which fact is extremely difficult for Christians and even atheists to discern properly. If you take his teachings literally, as most people in the churches do, you are supposed to not put up a fight against slavery. "Turn the other cheek"--if someone deliberately does something against you, you are supposed to allow them to keep doing more. Walking the extra mile--and the LIE-ble indicates miles and not kilometers (showing how out of date it is)--simply allows your master to extort more out of you. Not defending oneself when attacked (Peter being rebuked for defending Jesus from the soldiers)--"He who lives by the sword will die by the sword". What is that supposed to accomplish?

Paul adds to the misery. Paul repeatedly mentions that "we are nothing but good for nothing slaves". He insists that woe is him if he doesn't do as his master orders him to. You see this pattern throughout the New Testament of the LIE-ble--disciples awaiting their Master. Paul started spreading it, along with Peter who spread the crap into the Gentile population. Add that Paul is so anti-hedonistic, and you have the perfect recipe for preparing people for mass enslavement. With nothing but that second coming of a Messiah to look forward to, that "messiah" will take advantage of it to enslave the whole human race.

And what of that where people were entrusted with funds and told to build more for their masters? One person was given 5 talents and doubled the investment for his master--is that master representing the messiah's "second coming"? Did that person get anything for the work? For sure, it took time out of his life to work to double the money, yet the master never compensated him for it. Rather, let someone else do your work, and then take the whole thing without compensating anyone for it. The person with only one talent did return the whole thing, yet was bashed for not being exploited and working to double it. Since when did they owe you that time and energy to double the money? Since when can Jesus, or for that matter anyone, simply walk up to you and expect you to work for free and double their money? To me, this is a wimpy disguise for that Jesus and the whole Christian religion is nothing more than preparation for enslavement of the whole human race.

Yet the LIE-ble comes out against homosexuality, fornication, and having too much fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit