Whitney Heichel killed by multiple gunshots

by AndersonsInfo 78 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

The question of his motive is crucial. If - and I think it's a huge "IF" - there was an affair, then it will slip into obscurity. Most uninvolved readers would think, just another straying church member reaping the wages of sin.

On the other hand, if his motive was more obscure - or bizarre...

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I was thinking back to my late teens and early twenties and how all the JWs of the same age all had mutual aquaintences amongst the various cliques throughout the circuit. It wasn't unlikely that a sister or brother that one had a brief fling with ended up with another aquaintence, even a close friend. At that age it wouldnt be a stretch for one to still have strong feelings for the one that got away even if the individual was able to procure a wife or husband for themselves.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I question it even being newsworthy as this stuff goes on all the time. We find it interesting on here for the obvious reasons, but had they been of another faith I wouldnt have even clicked the link. Not to sound callous but it would have been just another young white woman missing to me. Maybe the JW factor fascinates nonJWs?

I would tend to agree with this, however, looking at the hundreds of article and facebook post threads it appears there are a lot of non JW/xJW posters. People are enraged the murder has become focused on the JW religion and they are voicing their disdain. Apparently it is capturing the attention of a diverse band of people.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This article says she was raped:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/whitney-heichel-murdered-baristas-husband-asks/story?id=17534209#.UIXma2cauSo

The young Oregon barista Whitney Heichel who vanished on her way to her job at a Starbucks was sexually assaulted before she was shot "multiple"

times, according to charges filed today against the man arrested in her death.
    Jonathan Holt, 24, a neighbor of Heichel and a member of the same Jehovah's Witness church, appeared via closed-circuit television in Clackamas County court wearing a suicide smock.
    He reportedly cried throughout the arraignment, simply answering "yes," to the judge's questions.
    Holt was charged with seven counts of kidnap, robbery, sodomy and murder. His case will soon be presented in a grand jury, and additional charges may be filed. If convicted of the most serious counts he could face the death penalty
  • Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Thats an interesting developement Tylinbrando. I wonder why nonJWs are sticking up for the religion? Maybe because most nonJWs have JW aquaintences whom they've had a good repoire with?

edit post: Damn, he raped her? Wow. If this isnt a case of take him out back and put the barrel behind his ear........

• InOregon
    InOregon

I live in the area and the news is reporting that the community of non-Jehovah's Witness are really rallying around the family such as raising money for the family. I hope this changes the JW view of worldly people as evil and non-loving.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " I hope this changes the JW view of worldly people as evil and non-loving." InOregon

[sigh]... I'm afraid that it won't.

The most convenient excuse for this Jehovah's Witness' actions, will be that he was somehow "too worldly" and THAT was what caused him to commit such an evil crime...

Not that he was a member of a cult that severely restricted sexual pleasures and prevented most members from having a normal, healthy attitude towards ALL forms of consensual human sexuality...

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

TS~"Thats an interesting developement Tylinbrando. I wonder why nonJWs are sticking up for the religion? Maybe because most nonJWs have JW aquaintences whom they've had a good repoire with?"

I don't think they are sticking up for the religion at all. If anything they are sickened by it and the fueding amongst JW/XJW. Either way, the press is puting the religion out there and if it gets the average Joe to look into it I believe it is a good thing.

• Jstmenu
    Jstmenu

Not everyone who is irregular attendant at the Kingdom Hall is a Jehovah Witnesses. A person has to be Baptised in or to be officially a Jehovah Witnesess. Just saying irregular attendant makes me think he was not . but than again he may be , and is spiritual weak as one said...

• Jstmenu
    Jstmenu

Jehovah Witnesess are not perfect and they know that just as we know we are not. but it would be so wrong on our part to judge the whole church for such a hate act of violence for what one indivisual did. That would be so wrong in every way. Im sure we as indivisual person dont like to be blamed for what someone else may of done . so I think its only fair not to be so judgemental of everyone for one person act of violence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit