Why can't the WTBTS just let people go ?

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

We had a CO say the same thing. He said, " Some feel the Organization is like prison. Well, the bars are wide enough that you can leave if you want. Just remember the roaring lion outside.". Uhhhh? They act like you could leave if you wanted, but they would make your life Hell. Uncle Sam! Please tax these a-holes into submission!! Make them help homeless people! Do something!!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Uncle Sam! Please tax these a-holes into submission!!

Or out of existence!

• jam
    jam

One thing for sure then ever before, the WT religion

is known for breaking families. Ask an outsider (someone

who has never been a JW but maybe have family members

who are JW,s). The first thing they will tell you, they break

up families. The shunning will be their down fall, too many families

are being destroyed. Outsiders know once you are in, there

is no way out. It,s becoming more apparent to outsiders , they are a cult.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I think blondie nailed it....

"No then other people would leave......there was a time in 1974 when treating df'd people was more friendly...then they brought down the boom.
    The WTS doesn't show love and can only control through fear."
  • insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Since they are not honorable. I won t be either. Just show the dirty Rutherford pictures in the creation book and let know for 10th time that self-righteous bastards like our local elders don t qualify for any parts. Show them they have been duped and shitted on by the GB. But trying to do it in a calm way, I dont think lt will be that easy. Any ideas are welcome.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Since they are not honorable

That is it in a nutshell!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Does their inability to simply let people leave without repercussions fit in harmony with abusive people a la obsessive stalker types or abusive husbands that would kill their wife before letting them get a legal seperation? Its like they just cant help but make people's lives hell. The WT is on some obsessive husband schtick like, "I'll never let you leave me honey, never. I'll kill you before you do that because I love you too much. I just cant live without you."

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

^^^^^ I've kind of thought that myself. They can't bear the thought that you can't stand them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, Theocratic Sedition... That comparison has occurred to me, many times...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Because they follow in the footsteps of a noteworthy Old testament figure: Ramses!

Thus said the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

(Exodus 9:1)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit