Why can't the WTBTS just let people go ?

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why not just let people leave honorably? What would it hurt? I don't get it.....

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I believe they are afraid that their numbers would drop too much. Also, they would lose their membership in the CULT club if they acted like a normal religion. I think shunning is a key characteristic in running a cult so it's kinda hard to let folks just walk.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Controllers gotta' control. Abuser gotta' abuse.

Do you know the story of

The Scorpion and the Frog

S&F

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I do know that story! It just sucks. Some days I want to jump into a wood-chipper...

• perfect1
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The truth is right now the adversary is in full control. It's a trap. It's a mixture of the red pill and blue pill. It's not a true red pill.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

And the adversary doesn't want to release them, and sets it up so when they do get released, they are still under his control, have given up.

• blondie
    blondie

No then other people would leave......there was a time in 1974 when treating df'd people was more friendly...then they brought down the boom.

The WTS doesn't show love and can only control through fear.

• metatron
    metatron

Why?

Greed. Greediness for power, control. Were Hitler and Stalin greedy for money? Nope, that wasn't what they were about. They were greedy for power over others...... and that's the Watchtower's desire, too.

metatron

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A couple years go, the CO was railing against apostates in his last talk on Sunday. Why do they makes such a fuss? There's no lock on the back door! No one is making you sit here. . . .

Bullshit.

Although I plan to use that as my defense if I ever need to. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit