Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 10-21-2012 WT Study (TRAPS)

by blondie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's easy to write about not being materialistic when you don't even have to work to earn a single penny. You're completely subsidized by the contributions of the people you tell not to be materialistic.

What a crock!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

In the old days, I would have appreciated the advice about materialism on its surface level -- after all, I like to think that I'm not materialistic, and I don't like people who are.

But today, sitting there, I was able to see the pomposity of the "slave" singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy" while we pay for their expenses. 'Don't focus on having money for the future, just depend on God.' Yeah, don't plan for your retirement, so you can end up penniless like my grandmother who was sure the end was coming in the 1940s and made no effort to plan ahead (thank God her mother built a house before she became a Witness so it could provide some income to the next two generations who did nothing for the future!).

I can also now see all the weasel words that cancel each other out. The article acknowledges that "you may find it difficult to make ends meet" and quotes the scripture in Ecclesiastes that "money is a protection". A protection that we don't need? Nice castle in the air we're building here. I guess money not being something to "struggle" for is why a friend of mine was removed as an elder for not making more money as a freelance artist (and two other side jobs) than his wife made at her part-time bank job. I guess he should have struggled a little more so he could provide for his wife like a good Christian, but not too much more. I mean, they were just barely making ends meet... oh wait, they bought and renovated a two-story house a couple years later.

I was also reminded of how the message about higher education leads to the friends becoming more dependent on each other because of their reduced wage-earning ability. Finally, I appreciate the meaningless comparison between wealthy Witnesses and the man who Jesus asked to sell all his belongings. " Ensnared by riches, that man lost out on a great privilege—that of being able to follow the greatest man who ever lived! Be careful not to lose out on the privilege of being a disciple of Jesus Christ." Because Jesus is going to ask us to sell all our stuff before we follow him? Aren't we already following him, though? Where is the problem here?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is rubbish like this that damns souls. First, it is no wonder Satan hates Jehovah and his people--who repress freedom and prosperity. Of course, Satan is going to oppose those who make things difficult and infect people with this crap.

Materialism? This is the sort of sxxx that damns people to poverty. Not only in this present life, but in future lives. They are programmed "Poverty is a virtue", and once they believe in it, their souls materialize it. They are damned to not only not be able to put food on the tables (or even keep their tables or the house in which the table is kept), but this makes them poor in the future. Every time they get a chance for advancement in the future, "Poverty is a virtue" kicks in and they usually miss out. This is on top of the fact that their souls are damned because of being dedicated to Jehovah Baghead, which throws even more obstacles in their paths and prevents Satan from helping them.

And what's this lie about the adultery "trap"? Jehovah is the one that oppresses. Just looking at a member of the opposite sex is "sexual harassment". JUST LOOKING AT THEM! Where is Satan when I need Him? No matter how many hours you work around the opposite sex, if Jehovah doesn't want you to find anyone, he will not let them even look at you, let alone commit some heinous, world-enslaving, world-destroying act such as fornication.

Spirituality is choked off by the organization itself. Family Waste the Evening Night is about reading the LIE-ble and the washtowel littera-trash and rags, re-enacting it, and practicing getting others into the cancer. The boasting sessions bash Satan, as well as inhibiting people from finding real spirituality. And field circus is a complete waste of time. You memorize a few lines, you master a simple presentation. Yet, can anyone master vibrating the rune(s) they are going to need in order to protect themselves from the upcoming energy crisis or devaluation of the dollar, yen, or euro? Do they teach people to use astrology to their advantage? Even simple preparations not involving spiritual work are discouraged--investment silver is "too worldly", and stocking up on flashlights and rechargeable batteries is "not trusting in Jehovah".

I refuse to trust in that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. This completely worthless piece of sxxx has ruined my chances of finding a mate (let alone adultery), trashed my spirituality, and has held hostage my soul to prevent my successful dedication to Satan. And Jehovah has the nerve to blame Satan for laying traps? The real traps are from Jehovah, and you are damned once you step into one.

• man oh man
    man oh man

The most materialistic person in my congo is the cobe. lol

• carla
    carla

Moreover, be aware that frequently

spending time away from your

mate for nonessential activities may indicate

a weakness in your marriage and

can lead to temptation and possibly to

serious sin.------

Wow! I could seriously use this one! they sure set themselves up don't they? I wonder what constitutes 'nonessential activities'?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This article devoted ½ the time to: ‘ADULTERY—A CLEVERLY CONCEALED PIT’

There must be an increase of ‘hanky-panky’ going on among JW married couples. More and more cheating hearts are surfacing especially among the JW servant body households.

“Lets’ see where can my elder husband be” (asks the neglected JW wife)? There is the (1) Hospital Liaison Committee, (2) Regional Building Committee, (3) District Convention Committee, (4) Circuit Assembly Committee, (5) Kingdom Hall Maintenance Committee, (6) and finally the… Judicial Committees and all the other elder responsibilities toward his own congregation (worst yet if he is the COBE).

That is quite a load for just one man to carry if he is a member of any one or more of the above committees plus being an elder plus being married plus having children plus having to hold down a job in order to put a roof over his family’s head in order to feed and care for them.

Is it any wonder that the topic of ADULTERY has come up in this weeks’ Watchtower Study lesson?

If the husband or the wife are not getting there sexual due and companionship from each other because the head of the house (elder) is too damn busy with WT matters, then ADULTERY is going to surface!

After 100+ of families breaking up among JWs the WT invents the Family Worship evening in 2009 to stem the tide of low retention rate among JW youth. Too little too late!

What will they do now to keep JW husband and wife from straying from each other?

• solomon
    solomon

paragraph 12:

For example,

after repeated casual conversations

with a male coworker, a Christian

sister might make him her confidant,

even telling him about her marital problems.

Goes back to the jw treadmill and how it doesn't allow the time or resources for solid, strong marriages. The working woman sees something in her co worker that she isnt' getting at home. Someone who cares!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Left out the word ‘years’ in 2 nd to last paragraph:

'After 100+ years of families breaking up among JWs the WT invents the Family Worship evening in 2009 to stem the tide of low retention rate among JW youth. Too little too late!

What will they do now to keep JW husband and wife from straying from each other?'

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This article is sure a eye-opener. If one is an elder and married, then he is in a no-win situation. The WTS needs men reaching out to do all they can for the WTS, yet the elder has to have time for family and wife? When I was an elder, I remember telling a CO that I did not have time to take on additional responsibilities in the cong. I was on his "bad list" after that. The WTS can say that family and wife comes before cong, but in reality that is not the case.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit