who was the craziest person in your congregation?

by grumblecakes 54 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

We had one bro who was not fully plugged in.

There were 4 pregnent sisters in the congro and he confessed to the Elders he was the father to them all.

One sister who would go home after the service meeting and go from door to door till after midnite.

To many drunks to mention.

Karter.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Though some of these stories are undoubtedly humorous, it is a little unkind to make light of people with serious mental health issues. I did want to share some extremely funny stories about a few major lunes that crossed my path while pionering in the 1970's but after careful consideration I think I should refrain. Instead I will share some questionable behaviour from my extended witness family that was never dealt with by any in a leadership position. Extreme power drinking. By this I mean most of the adults coming home from an assembly or a meeting and gathering at my grandmothers house to drink themselves into a blind stupor. Of course everybody eventually drove themselves home, even though they couldn't see the steering wheel. I still remember the sound of my aunt Helen screaming in an incoherent garbled voice about how great life was going to be in The New World as we used to say in the day, and promptly passing out in her easy chair. Now to be fair to the family at large we are of Russian and Irish extraction, so the amount of alcohol consumed that would be considered normal at say a sunday dinner would kill a normal person. This went on for decades and no one said much of anything to anybody. Many of them are now dead and the rest still standing are utterly pickled. If we see them again in the resurrection, I am sure they will be appointed to look after the fruit of the vine.

FWFranz

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I won't commnet on the JW's who are active and attending meetings, even though they suffer from various mental issues. We have had our share of visitors though.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Some of these "crazies" don't have mental issues, they are greedy, self-centered, and and have learned from years of experience how to use their skills to live off other people. "Learned helplessness". Nice work if you can get it (and want it)!

IMO, no one who has responded on this thread has come across as mean-spirited. It's natural to notice the behavior of others and just as natural to comment on things that catch our attention. Odd behavior runs full spectrum through the human race: we chuckle at the odd things babies do or say, at the antics of children and the childlike. Sometimes the amusement is tinged with bitterness but that's a far cry from disparaging people with mental issues. It's not unkind to be human or to notice other humans, in fact, it's.....human!

• TOTH
    TOTH

I have a laundry list but I will do one.

Mrs. TOTHs uncle.

He packs a knife in one boot and a gun in his book bag

He drinks to excess

He bullies people into ignoring his drinking

He beats his wife

He thinks he's funny but really looks like a mindless buffoon with his repetative one syllable HA after he says something he thinks is funny

He invited the elders to a SHRIMP dinner to bribe an eldership out of them. When they declined he threatened to beat them up.

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit