who was the craziest person in your congregation?

by grumblecakes 54 Replies latest jw friends

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

If I had to recall to mind every unhinged witness that I have known in my life, including all my relatives, who's association goes back to the 1930's, I would be here for a week. That alone is troubling.

FWFranz

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet
    come on mc, share onestory about her.

One time during a WT, she kept raising her hand, but the brother wouldn't call on her. It was obvious why, yet sad to watch. She sat in the front. Her daughter raised her hand. The daughter got called on.

As the daughter was wrapping up her comment, mom snatched the mic and started her comment. WT conductor motioned sound bro to turn the mic off. He then said "There is an arrangement we need to follow. If you do not get called on, DO NOT ANSWER! Let's move on to paragraph..."

Wow!

The sister then went to bathroom. She came out and stayed toward the back. Some paragraphs later, when the question was asked, as the brother is about to move with the mic, she took it from him and said "WHAT I WANTED TO SAY ON PARAGRAPH 2 WAS......". And the conductor was so shocked, I guess, he let her finish. Lol. He did talk to her after the meeting.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

These are great. Keep 'em coming.

I only knew garden-variety eccentrics. Wait! I've got one.

This is nearly 40 years ago, so my memory is a bit dim on this subject.

In our circuit there was a well-known "apostate" who used to picket the circuit assemblies - Timothy Tovar. He yelled a lot and was bodily removed from CA. A couple of years later, and lord only knows why, he was REINSTATED and settled in our congregation while he attended nursing school. I had to work in field service with him and his wife, and I never felt exactly safe with them. He'd make these odd, rambling comments at the Watchtower study. His wife was downright creepy weird - think Squeaky Fromme.

He never did graduate from nursing school. Then he was disfellowshipped again, or rather, his reinstatement was rescinded. The elders had inquired about him at the nursing school, and they said there was no way they would have given him a nursing license as he was a sociopath.

I was happy to see them go.

Maybe someone else from Maine remembers this character and can fill in more details.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Sol- behooved(LOL) Fred Franz word??? You are funny! The story is ridiculous- but funny!

I wish I could share some. They're not have as funny, but crazy and true!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

the congregation im in now, thankfull theres only 1.5 crazies. both are "annointed" sisters. one is SUPER out there. she has stopped a few people as they were leaving after meeting to tell them "to be careful because she sees demons every where". A couple weeks ago at WT study she made a long comment about how back in the day, a few people at bethel tried to challenge Rutherford so he DF'd them all...and this was evidence hehad Jehovahs blessing. the conductor got real uncomfortable and cut her off.

the other one, theres something very wrong with her, i just cant quite put my finger on it.

my old congregation had a really high ratio oh horders, schitzophrenics, and people with multiple personalities. also many many others who were highly medicated. it was a real zoo.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

We had four schizo sisters in my hall. There was one in particular who was battiest of all. This sister wouldn't come to the KH all the time but she was in my book study group. She would move about once per month. My mom was helping her move once. She didn't have many belongings but she needed my mom's van to move some things. So while my mom was packing stuff up she asked "where are you moving to?" The sister says "I can't tell you in here, they have microphones in my outlets. I'll tell you outside."

Another sister would constantly throw out all of her clothes and all of her literature saying they were infested her demons. She once handed someone a jar of her spit at the hall and said "If I disappear one day, give this to the cops. They'll know what to do." Another time she told us she was worried about drinking coffee with caffeine because caffeine is a drug. So she opted to, as she put it, drink a lot of alcohol to get the caffeine out of her system. Another time we asked her how her family was doing and she said, "Not too good. My brothers are plotting to kill me and steal my inheritance." What can you say to that?

I could be here all day telling stories of crazy brothers and sisters but I think this is enough for now.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Long years ago there was a professed "annointed" "sister", divorced, raising two foster "children". Children is in quotes because they were actually well over age 18 but because they were severely learning disabled they received disability income checks which, of course, went to the sister. At the time of her divorce (husband "went apostate") the court wanted to place the two boys elsewhere but she went to court and cried that they were her whole life and an exception was made to the two-parent rule in force at that time.

This woman's house (rented from a brother at a very discounted rate) became a crash pad for all the unstable people in the local congregations. Every troubled teen, every unhappily single person and a few unhappily married people hung out there 24/7. The place was a pig sty but that didn't stop the elders from appointing this woman a pioneer. After her personal car group finished their daily McMinistry this woman would yell "Home? Or Roam?" and they'd take off to visit various congregation members just in time for free lunches and an afternoon of counting time on the heads of any unbaptized members of the family. Sister Annointed was exceedingly large. Once she visited our home unannounced and uninvited. When she parked herself on the brand new sofa she literally ripped the upholstery and broke the springs of a custom made, very expensive piece of furniture! No apology, no offer to pay for repair. She did, however, mention the need to support the pioneers with material goods including a living room set so she could have the field service meetings at her place!

The sister claimed that after Armageddon JW's would be sent out to populate other planets so she would match up the unstable people from the KH (three congregations met there), some of whom actually married...and quickly divorced. She had a hand in breaking up one KH marriage and then matching the DF'd ex-husband with another woman in the congregation (who was promptly DF'd). So there in the same hall sat the ex-husband, the ex-wife, the new wife and her two children from a previous marriage, and the couple who got married just so they'd be ready to populate Mars. It was wild trying to figure out who was in good standing for a while, things were changing so fast! It was all OK with Sister Annointed though; no matter how the elders tried to keep her in check she resisted and told them "When I get my powers....".

The last straw for me where this sister was concerned was when she showed up at the Circuit Assembly Hall where they were selling off the old tables, chairs, and dishes (food service had just been stopped). She loaded her car, then told the brother in charge of collecting the payments to send the bill to her Father in the heavens, and drove away.

If she wasn't the craziest maybe it was the brother who would occasionally go off his meds and think he was Jesus Christ. Once he walked out on the field at the District Convention and made it almost all the way to the speaker's platform before the attendants even noticed him. Sad for him 'cause when he was in better shape he was a fine person, a really decent guy, according to my son who had many a good conversation with him.

• minimus
    minimus

Tom, a pioneer who still thought Rutherford was the best! He loved using the N word, thought women were pretty useless and told householders if they didn't take the literature, Jesus was going to turn them into a pig!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ALL of the bros & sistas who drank the koolaid and ate them crackers was a little crazy!

BUT, then there was the brother who buried his bed because it was demon possessed. He made everyone else seem OK.

(Ya can't make these things up!)

Doc

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

This thread is classic. Lovin it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit