who was the craziest person in your congregation?

by grumblecakes 54 Replies latest jw friends

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet
    We had four schizo sisters in my hall. There was one in particular who was battiest of all. This sister wouldn't come to the KH all the time but she was in my book study group. She would move about once per month. My mom was helping her move once. She didn't have many belongings but she needed my mom's van to move some things. So while my mom was packing stuff up she asked "where are you moving to?" The sister says "I can't tell you in here, they have microphones in my outlets. I'll tell you outside."
    Another sister would constantly throw out all of her clothes and all of her literature saying they were infested her demons. She once handed someone a jar of her spit at the hall and said "If I disappear one day, give this to the cops. They'll know what to do." Another time she told us she was worried about drinking coffee with caffeine because caffeine is a drug. So she opted to, as she put it, drink a lot of alcohol to get the caffeine out of her system. Another time we asked her how her family was doing and she said, "Not too good. My brothers are plotting to kill me and steal my inheritance." What can you say to that?
    I could be here all day telling stories of crazy brothers and sisters but I think this is enough for now.

Hilarious!!! ROFL

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet
    The last straw for me where this sister was concerned was when she showed up at the Circuit Assembly Hall where they were selling off the old tables, chairs, and dishes (food service had just been stopped). She loaded her car, then told the brother in charge of collecting the payments to send the bill to her Father in the heavens, and drove away.

I am crying right now!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

From about 30 to 35 years ago I can think of two that were quite odd.

The first was an Elder (no elders then) who quite commonly refered to chinks and niggers when giving talks.

He talked once about those nigger brothers in Africa and how faithful they were.

He didn't have a clue about what he was saying.

A second old brother (pervert who knows) regarded his personal territory as being outside the middle and high schools.

He would engage in conversation and try to place magazines with all the little kiddies.

It could never happen today but back then he was almost considered "normal"

• designs
    designs

Bringing Bible Studies to the Watchtower Study and having them think it was a free-for-all answer when you want call and answer thingy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Rubber - The story about the bro who was a former boxer who took one too many blows to the head, ineresting that a pioneer sister would be attracted to him, was she one sandwich short of a picnic herself?

Just shows how the young single sisters will pounce on any bro who is young and unmarried ! !

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

damn, the one with the schitzo with the jar of spit is a good one!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was thinking about the one elder in our hall who believed every single conspiracy theory that would come out. He claimed his uncle was in the Illuminati "so he knew". I would drive him to public talks that were far away because he was narcoleptic. He would use the time in the car to tell me all about the vast conspiracy theories. You know, the birther kind of stuff. He would tell me about demons that attacked him as he would lay in bed. His stories always fascinated me because I could tell these events he experienced were very real to him. It was very interesting to listen to him.

He wasn't all together there but he was nice enough (until I left and told me I was too smart for my own good and that I was infested with demons because I had a list of Babylonian kings). He told me he would put cayenne pepper in his eye. Because it would get all the impurities out of his eyes. This always baffled me and would make me cringe. He would tell me "It gets all the impurities out. I put it in my eye and an hour later you can see a bunch of gunk that the pepper removes from your eyes and tear ducts". I always used to think, I'm pretty sure that is your eye melting from the pepper.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

grumblecakes, her cat used to tell her to do stuff. The sad part is when she was on her meds, she was super smart. The problem is I guess she thought she was cured and would stop taking her meds.

Also forgot to mention that elder was an artist for Disney and had to quit because they wanted him to work on The Black Cauldron. He was a great artist. He would bring drawings up during parts he would give. He would make drawings to illustrate points in Isaiah and Revelations. I enjoyed his talks.

• steve2
    steve2

So, let's get this straight: no one participating in this thread was ever the craziest person in their congregation themselves? How come it's always others who are craziest?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The craziest people don't know they are crazy steve... I already know I'm crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit