Illuminati and the Watchtower

by marriedtoajw 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Chariklo, are you saying that repressed masculinity makes a young Jehovah's Witness male predisposed to the lure of high-power positions in the Watchtower? I could totally see that.

Yes, Stonecutter, I do think that could be what's happening here. As I read what Married wrote, it just came to me that this might well be what's going on. Because, when you think about it, in this day and age, what could be attractive to a young man in all the teachings and repressions of the Watchtower? There has to be another factor and in this case it sounds like that.

It'll be subtle, of course. I don't mean it's out in the open, conscious, or not necessarily.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Forget about the illuminati, the new world order and the WT. It looks to me that this is getting in the way of the real issues: the religion is a crock of shit, they are being duped no doubt but this angle is a futile exercise, as is trying to convince them the religion is wrong.

Listen to smarter posters than myself about how to 'help' them.

On the matter of your marriage, you may well find what you fear is true. My father was in a very similar situation 40 years ago and he lost. Its harsh, its hard and its a reality. I feel for you.

hang in there but chill on the new world order... it matters not.

oz

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

So people...

YOU THINK THAT OUT OF ALL THE FUCKING RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD THAT THE ONE THAT YOU HAPPEN TO BE BORN IN IS INVOLVED IN THE GREATEST CONSPIRACY OF MANKIND?

YOU PEOPLE ARE RETARDED. JWS ARE FUCKING NOBODY COMPARED TO THE MEMBERSHIP AND INFLUENCE OF OTHER RELIGIONS.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The illuminati... Clever people that wanted to find out the truths about the universe and not be killed by the church or imprisoned, so they met in secret and talked about apples and falling, triangles and the number 180, indicies and prime numbers... They used science to stay secret, geometry etc, i am sure it was pleasurable to use intelligence in the face of ignorance, a very ironic way to go about being secret.

forget satan worshipers in white cloaks and and naked virgins..... Have you ever been to a LAN party? dungeons and dragons? Warhammer? Same kind of people, same kinda parties... So chill ya boots xxx

illuminati...illuminated, enlightened, not ignorant, can do maths....can do geometry... Uses antidisestablismentarianism in sentances... And wears a T-shirt that says 'geology rocks'

Geeeeeeeeks!

snare x

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Certainly, he will be getting the promises of male superiority. I have seen for myself, in the local congregation, how young men are cultivated by their peers who are just a little bit older, and nurtured along the way, being given privileges...dubious privileges, in non Witness-speak it means chores...and I'd be very surprised if some of this isn't in play with your son.

Damn Chariklo, those were some hard hitting insights! You are dead on!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

snare&racket the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

-Sab

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Educate yourself and your family with the facts and get as much kissy kissy from your wife and leave all the witness crap in the toilet.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

*** gives a to Bottle ***

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

By and large, Bottle and Black Sheep, most other religions are not as all-controlling as the JW's.

Most other religions do not contemplate, let alone demand, shunning.

Most other religions do not require that their membership kill off themselves and their families by refusing life-saving medical procedures.

Most other religions not only allow but encourage freedom of thought.

I could go on.

I completely sympathise with your points of view, and I can see how a childhood and indeed lifetime constrained within the Watchtower's clutches can lead to its victims hating all religions and tarring all with the same brush.

By doing so, though, you limit your own freedom of thought, which involves objective assessment with an open mind.

I totally understand how years within JW-land destroy truly independent and open-minded thought, but it does leave you seriously at risk of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Chariklo. I met the son of a Plymouth Bretheren, who's Dad paroted my Dad.

Their doctrines were different, but those doctrines would have been used by both of our Dads to prove that the other Dad was the one that was led astray by Satan, who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. The shunning doctrine was the same.

The truth was, that the only reasons that these religions were important, was that they were the religions that we were born into, and that only made them important to us.

... and we both sieved the bathwater ... there weren't any babies ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit