Please read

by JeffT 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My condolences Jeff.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

My condolences on your loss Jeff. I read the links, your dad was a great human being.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so sorry for your loss....

But wow, what a dynamic father you had! That is quite a legacy...

I'm sure that the fact that you'd 'awakened', was very comforting to him.

Again, my deepest sympathies on the passing of your father. I'm sure he was deeply loved, and will be greatly missed.

• cedars
    cedars

Very sorry to hear of your sad loss Jeff. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Cedars

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry Jeff, my deepest sympathies.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Jeff, my condolances, your dad was one of the true heroes of our age

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

JeffT. Wow! Your Dad was a Hero to a great many people! Through his advances in medicine, he saved thousands, tens of thousands, and likely hundreds of thousands of people, and will continue to do so even though he is no longer here.

He left quite a legacy, including a beautiful son-you!

Despite the isssues with the Watchtower, I hope that you both were able to have a relationship with each other, even if it may have been strained at times due to the teachings of the Org.

Take care of yourself, and I wish you peace and strength as you deal with your loss.

• cofty
    cofty

Jeff, I'm sorry for your loss. Your father was a great man who has touched the lives of so many others and given them hope. His contribution is especially significant as he was a pioneer in his field who persisted against the odds.

I thought this quote was a wonderful tribute to him as a doctor and as a generous person.

"He was the most influential person in my life, and I'm positive there are many, many scientists in the fields of leukemia, blood diseases and transplantation who would say exactly the same thing," Appelbaum said. He described Dr. Thomas as "an incredibly brilliant individual. He was at the same time modest, he was quiet, and he was able to surround himself with great scientists and clinicians and nurses because he was generous with praise and would attribute successes to those individuals around him."

Its good to hear you had the opportunity to heal wounds before he passed away.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Wow. What a great guy.

My condolences on your loss Jeff

Chris

• jws
    jws

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit