Please read

by JeffT 60 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

My father passed around 9 this morning. He'd been in poor health for some time, but it still comes as a shock to have him gone. We are going to miss him terribly. I've attached up a couple of news articles, but they leave out a major point. In addition to the family members he's survived by tens of thousands of bone marrow transplant recipients.

For those reading this on JWN and JWR; yes joining a religion opposed to blood transfusions didn't sit well with a hematologist father. But the last few years we had an opportunity to heal a lot of old wounds.

http://www.fhcrc.org/en/news/releases/2012/10/e-donnall-thomas-dies.html

The Seattle Times can't resist dredging up their own past attempt to win a Pulitzer prize. They neglect to mention that most of the article was refuted by trial testimony. Oh well, they have the family history right.

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2019485178_thomasobit21m.html

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Condolences Jeff. These men like your father give me hope that humanity has a future. With constant bad news hope is lost. But when I read what this one man did in his lifetime to ease suffering..... Humans are capable of great evil and great good. Your father was one of the good guys. You are lucky to be his son.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss.

• Glander
    Glander

My god, Jeff. Your father was a great man. And 92 is a rare age to acheive. What a life and legacy.

My condolences.

G

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Deepest sympathy for your loss, Jeff.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sincere condolences. What a man. How we all wish to have an obit like that when we die!

• talesin
    talesin

Dear Jeff,

I am sad for you. Your father did much good, for so many, and was a brilliant man.

You take after him. You will be in my thoughts and heart.

xo

tal

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Jeff. You must be so proud of your Dad - and it was good to read that you had been able to heal any wounds in time.

• clarity
    clarity

Jeff ... so sorry for your loss of your father.

What a great man and what a legacy to leave his family.

The watchtower stole precious years that you and he should have enjoyed!

It was that way for me too and many others.

So glad you were able to 'get back with him' before it was too late.

clarity

• Heaven
    Heaven

Jeff, I am so sorry your Dad has passed away. In reading the articles, they gave me goosebumps. He has left an amazing legacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit