More disfellowshippings.

by Chariklo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It is eight months since I went to a meeting in a Kingdom Hall. In that time I've met one or two Witnesses, including elders, as I've been out and about in this small town. Some have been pleased to see me, some have avoided me.

This morning, I met by chance, coming up the street, a woman who goes regularly to the KH but who has managed to remain a kind of perpetual student for many years. So she remains a little bit sceptical. She wanted to talk. I made it very clear that I was never going back, and how relieved I was to be free of it all.

She told me, firstly, that my name had been read out as being no longer an unbaptised publisher. I found that hilarious and laughed out loud. Then she told me of three disfellowshippings that had taken place. One I knew about, a man in a marriage breakup. One of his teenage daughters is now disfellowshipped. So she must be shunned by her own mother, a zealous and very brainwashed sister. The third really shook me. He was a brother whom I had known for some years before he became a JW, and who had been in charge of the TV cameras and sound system. Now disfellowshipped, for reasons unknown.

The pain behind these three disfellowshippings really brought it home to me how lucky I was to have escaped when I did. The third person I mentioned is quite a vulnerable man, not terribly well. The teenager is barely an adult, butatleast has her father with her. Her mother, grandmother and sister are "in" and so must shun her. The pain involved in these three situations must be huge.

And they call themselves Christians!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Feel the love!!!

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Gosh i hate that so much. I tell myself the same thing. If i stay a day longer it will be harder.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

MsGrowingGirl, please, please, please get out now!!!!!!

I just can't tell you how glad I am I did.

Talking to the woman this morning, reminded me of how I was feeling just a very short time ago. She wanted to meet up with me for coffee one day so, in a local cafe, but she was also feeling scared that we would be seen! When I was with the Witnesses I was getting paranoid. You can't do this or that in case "they" see you.

That is not healthy. It is not good. And it is obscene that they do that in the name of God. They are nothing to do with God.

• moshe
    moshe

The elders have demoted you! No longer an unbaptized publisher= a normal human being- congratulations!

Oh for joy, hug me a hug, I want you to love me, like I was never a dub-

But the JWs won't, they will treat you like a doormat, if you let them.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The wonderful thing is, Moshe, that I absolutely no longer care. They can do what they like in their self-righteous little holy huddle. They have no impact on me any longer.

but I do feel sorry for the ones who are in and brainwashed, for the nice ones who were truly upset when I determinedly left.

there's no two ways round it, I was bullied when I was in. They took advantage of my natural good manners, and my initial curiosity as to how anyone could believe their bizarre teachings; it was that curiosity plus an in- born tendency never to give up but persist doggedly to find out the truth of a matter. All those factors led me to talk with them in the first place, but the deciding thing that enabled them to "catch" me was trouble in my own local church. That was what made me vulnerable.

One really nice sister came to see me at home a few days after the elders had come round to see me. She was in tears that I wouldn't go back. "Where else will you go?" She said. "There's nowhere else." That, of course, is what they are conditioned to believe.

it is inconceivable to such people that firstly, no-one has to go anywhere, and secondly, that anyone can be perfectly happy without the JW group around them.

As for me, I am free.

PS. This site is one of the things that has helped me to get psychologically totally free. I'd like everyone here to know that, and you have really helped. I am just very aware of all the ones who are trapped and unhappily in and can't get themselves and people they care about out.

• irondork
    irondork

Chariklo: ... my name had been read out as being no longer an unbaptised publisher

Huh? They fired you even though you never took the job? Did they forget to direct their blows so as not to be striking the air?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, irondork, they did indeed fire me before they decided they wanted me. I was definitely persona non grata.

But don't forget, I fired them first! I walked.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am proud of you dear Chariklo, you have conducted yourself wisely,and now are in a position perhaps to help others , which you do on here anyway, but perhaps in real life you may be able to prevent somone else from being sucked in.

I am glad you saw the reality in time before it got harder for you to leave.

It's a nice place to be isn't it ? where you just don't care what the silly little self-important JW's think say or do.

As to the "where will you go ?" nonsense , wouldn't it be great to reply, "anywhere there is truth", but you need to have that one ready.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thank you so much, Phizzy, that's such a nice thing to say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit