More disfellowshippings.

by Chariklo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

charikio---

Chariklo: ... my name had been read out as being no longer an unbaptised publisher

Huh? They fired you even though you never took the job? Did they forget to direct their blows so as not to be striking the air?

you took the job, but just as a temp/independent contractor. They just let you go since you quit showing up for "Work." LOL

Snakes (Rich )

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi there, Snakes! I don't think we've met before!

yes, you have it right. And by the way, I have to say how much I like your avatar. I see it's Saint Helena, and it must be a real painting. It looks as though it is beautiful, but I can't make it out very well. Do you have a link to a larger version, by any chance?

I like to hear about islands like Saint Helena. In fact, I like islands in principle. I fantasise about visiting every island in The British Isles!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

their self-righteous little holy huddle

I love that!

Hah! The only reason they read that announcement was to "protect" the congregation from your "unwholesome" influence. They see you as a threat.

But they'll keep the child molesters and not tell any of the publishers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

But they'll keep the child molesters and not tell any of the publishers.

YEP!!! Disgusting....

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi, cupcake, yes, they did see me as a threat. I was someone who already knew the Bible very well. I'm educated, and I have a deep and unshakeable belief in God. So, the elders saw their task as one of breaking me down.

No. I can't explain it either.

I'm on my iPad this evening, which means you are all spared the emoticons I'd be including otherwise! Think "rolling eyes"!

Given that I am educated and scripturally familiar with much of the basic information the Watchtower uses, you might well ask what on earth I was doing there in the first place. Because I am one of the last people you'd ever expect to be susceptible to them, yet I had a weak spot and they found and used it, I truly believe that anybody, absolutely anybody, is potentially a victim to them.

Getting out is not easy and it's certainly painful, no matter how short a time one has been in.

But this thread wasn't meant to be about me. It was prompted by the news I received this morning of the disfellowshippings that I've mentioned. Because I know these people personally, and I know their situations and how vulnerable at least one of them is, the wickedness of this disfellowshippings policy was brought home to me in a personal way, for the first time.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Just about every congo has a 'perpetual student' type. In my brainwashed borg collective days I used to hold them in some contempt for their 'lukewarmness', but now looking back I realise that some of them were very intelligent persons who could smell the shit amongst the roses.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Char,

Your observations are very interesting. I've faded, not attended a meeting for over a year now. It feels great! I miss the people far less than I thought I would. I've moved away, so I don't see most of them. The few that I do see are hesitant to even talk about religion. Of these, they're not the type to want it to look and sound like a cult... so they're left to not talk about WT stuff at all. And I'm happy to oblige by talking about how busy and happy I've been. Plenty of non-JW stuff to talk about for a friendly chat. I think the situation in that KH is different than most. That cong has lots of faders, so those still in are used to not shunning faders. They also have a lot of DF/DA. I suspect they realize that DA/DF is becoming more painful for the JW family than for the exJW.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Sorry for your friends being Dfed...I wonder if they will catch me one day.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I believe my...what am I saying?!... The local congregation is a bit unusual. It's particularly hard line and reactionary, and the Co-ordinating elder seems to rule with a rod of iron. Three separate elders have told me that things were badly done and told me they were going to sort it out and would come back to me. They never did...mind you, I had insisted that there was no way on earth I was going back!

The co-ordinating elder was one of the two who had come to my house on a late-night, Stalinesque visit and subjected me to something akin to a mock trial, based on unspecified "complaints" they'd received about me from unnamed "brothers and sisters".

It has taken me months to tell the forum board members that this is exactly what happened. The experience had traumatised me. I couldn't talk about it on here, somehow. I t honk I was afraid they'd identify me, but maybe it happens all the time. But now, Look! I simply do not care if they do. FREE!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

HI Chariklo, on your visits to all the Isles of Britian, do not forget the Isle of Sheppey in Kent , this is known as the Pearl of the Estuary for its utter beauty.

It has many beaches with golden sands, Palm trees, beautiful young people cavorting and racing each other in to the turquoise warm sea before getting ready for the evenings trip to one of the many gourmet Restaurants.

O.K I lie, it is a crap-hole in many ways, but this is true, places on it have a strange beauty, but they are rare, it was a joke when we were kids, and it hasn't improved much.

Just thought I'd string you along for a bit. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit