More disfellowshippings.

by Chariklo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Of those who are disfellowshipped, a proportion end up going back. I guess that's because they may have been disfellowshipped over non-apostate issues (i.e., "conduct"). Among those who have been disfellowshipped - even those who don't go back - are unknown numbers who continue to view the organization as "the truth". God knows how their minds work. I suspect they may "intend" going back, especially when events in the world look like the end is really, really, really near. What's that old saying? Churches are seldom empty during times of strife. I heard that there was a resurgence of church attendance in the States after 9/11 - no doubt Kingdom Halls also bulged for sometime after that event.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Steve2

Churches are seldom empty during times of strife. I heard that there was a resurgence of church attendance in the States after 9/11

Yes, that does seem to be a pattern. They say that churches here were very full during the war.

Still, on that basis you'd think we'd be almost totally strife-free, and we are clearly not, yet churches across all denominations in the UK are simply dying. Church buildings are being closed and sold off. Congregations that used to number a couple of hundred are down to less than two dozen. this is true of the Anglican church just down the road from me, and that's the main church in this town.

Phizzy, I am going to send you a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit