How often did you entertain the "Traveling Overseers", and did you regret it afterwards?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I like pulling them out of the cult persona for a few min and seeing the real person (or as close to it as u can get)... Every dubbie has a real person waiting to be brought out of them.

The members in the hall I grew up in were too honest *cough(ghetto)* so when the CO would start talking Theocratic, the friends would verbalize their boredness. CO's usually relaxed and we actually ate with the person person, not cult person. Admittedly, I have some enjoyable memories.

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

CO's are just like any other elder you'll run into. Some are very nice people who I think genuinely cared about the friends. I don't think they had any bad motives at all. One CO would come over for our family study. He was just tell my dad, "I think you got this" and take a nap in our living room.

On the other hand, I've known some real asshole CO's. You know, the ones who create circuit policies based on their opinions. When I was about 11 or 12, the current CO decided that Star Wars was a horrible thing from Satan. My dad made me get rid of all my SW merchandise. That was terrible. Once the guy was gone a couple years later, everyone forgot about it and it was cool again. This same CO's WIFE was even a jerk. She would regularly skip service to do personal errands or get her hair done or whatever. She'd even break appointments she made with the publishers for that stuff. Her excuse, and I quote, "I'm the CO's wife. I can do what I want." I am not making this up.

The last CO we had was a real tool. Literally every single talk he gave contained some sort of condemnation of 'social networking.' He was like a broken record. Then last year when "The Society" changed it's stance and said, 'well i guess it's not terrible if you don't post dick pictures' or whatever, he said in a talk, "We never said social networking was bad. Just don't misuse it." What a moron. It's like he expected people to forget his talks over the past 3 years.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wouldn't pay anything for one of those value-destroying parasites. It says right in their own LIE-ble that, if a man doesn't want to work, let him not eat. And going around hounding the hounders to hound the flock even worse is not my idea of "work".

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I did as much as I could. Some of them were ok people if you could ever get them to be real, but a lot of them are quite frankly odd, maladjusted people that couldn't qualify to hold a broom in most professional organizations but are treated like rock stars in the incestuous world of the JWs.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

You Americans are way corrupted! Take CO out to lunch? Not in the city! Here we do not do it unless we are in a island (tourist area).

Anyway you should be cautious as to whom you will invite. Then you will not regret it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ARBOLES:

Sorry you got stuck with the bill feeding these unworthies. It's an entirely different story if you were taking actual friends out, but not THESE parasites who knock education and careers! They can go fly a kite.

Let them go to a fast food place on their own dime.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I took one CO to a pretty good NYC deli once, and on his next visit he stabbed me in the back. Really through me for a loop I have to say.

• karter
    karter

Finallysomepride.

Was the Moari C.O you Uncle & Auntie had over Waikato grey???

He was one on the nicest C.O's we ever had.

When i was with my ex she invited Sandy Panel over i coul'd never stand that Arsehole or his stuck up wife.

When Hans hubler came to town they had problems getting ANYONE to have him for a meal!!!!!!!

Karter.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Longhairedgirl, I think you really understood my situation of taking out two sets of couples, it sucked and was my last time! They don't wan't cheap fast food, it's not good for their special diet, so we take them to a seafood cafe "Fried halibut and chips, with clam chowder (so healthy, right?). One time I got stuck paying $350 for eight people, I felt stupid and burned! The TO I invited, get this! He invited the (battle-ax DO) because it slipped eight hundred people's minds, the DO needed dinner(nobody wanted to take this arse out). So, next my kind CO invites a long-lost missionary couple (no money to their name) and he tells me, "I sure would love a steak, it's been some time since I've eaten one." I was royally screwed, steaks, snacks, drinks and people ducking out on the bill. Expensive experience I hope to convey to any young JW who lurks here, and thinks he might enjoy the company of a traveling overseer.

Over the years, I had good ones and bad ones, I got stuck frequently with nastys "I would receive a phone call two hours before lunch with a panicky elder, begging for me to take CO-McRude out to lunch." Panicky-elder and me were the only ones who took the couple out to lunch, that speaks volumes when a Kingdom Hall of 150 people won't sign up for lunch-duty (So much for a loving and self-sacrificing brotherhood!).

The rule spoken by "elderite" is top-knotch! Never take out the CO and the DO at the same time, even if they beg you to do this, you will pay $150 (low estimate) to listen to "shop talk", if getting to know your local CO was your goal, don't take two TOs out! The brothers and sisters were good about preparing good meals at home, and then some clowns started to push "eating out", complaining "it takes too much time for the busy-TO to get to the friends house, say pray and eat the meal with eight friends around a table." instead kiss-ass elders pushed to take the TOs out to nice lunch establishments, another way to take the humanity out of this religion!

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

oh my dear friend & husband (

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit