My letter to elders. Just drafted... PLEASE tell me what you think... Greybeard

by Greybeard 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

To: All Elders in the Grover Beach Congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, The Watchtower Corporation and Governing Body of "Jehovah Witnesses"

CC: Watchtower Inc.

Dear Brothers,

Due to recent accusations of apostasy and my conversation with elder Ron Dare of the local Grover Beach congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, I have been asked to a judicial meeting. I told Ron Dare over the phone some of my concerns and why I had doubts and he asked me to write a letter stating I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I told him I could never write such a letter and refuse to do so. I am still a witness of our most high God and his son Christ Jesus. I am also a witness to many mistakes of the Watchtower corporation ran by the governing body and request that you answer my questions in writing. The scriptures tell us to "test every inspired utterance" yet it is not allowed in this organization. I have been told to keep my questions to myself and "wait on Jehovah" by elders, my father, brother who is an elder, family and JW's friends. Nobody has been able to answer my questions and I am now being labeled an "apostate."

Jude 1:22 tells us, "continue showing mercy to some that have doubts" yet if you are a baptized member of the Watchtower organization and you express doubts in the men who run it, the governing body, you will be disfellowshipped.

What I am guilty of is expressing that I no longer put my trust in man and my only leader is Christ Jesus as commanded in the Bible. Psalms 146:3, Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs ." Matthew 23:10, "Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ ."

I told brother Ron Dare I have not been to the Kingdom Hall in over 3 years and am not currently associated with any of the local congregations run by the Watchtower organization.

I was Baptized in March of 1978 and here are the baptism questions I was asked when making my dedication:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1970 May 15 p.309:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

Please notice the change in the current baptismal questions:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.30:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

I was 16 years old when I got baptized. It was a dedication from my heart to my heavenly father and his son Christ Jesus. Not to any man, organization or Watchtower Corporation. When I was dedicated in 1978, a "governing body" didn't even exist to me. That was something just forming at the time. As a matter of fact, I was too young to legally enter a life long contract with any organization as the current baptismal questions would have me do. Due to many things being handled wrongly by elders in my early years growing up from 18 years old on, I learned not to trust men. I was a victim of mental abuse and my confidential talk to elders was betrayed. Due to these experiences I never desired to join the ranks of elders or ministerial servants. There is no legal right for YOU or the organization to disfellowship me that I am aware of. You have no such binding contract with me. I am dedicated to Jehovah and his son Christ Jesus. Not any man or organization.

If you truly do want to help me then please answer my questions:

May 1, 1997 Watchtower quotes ISAIAH 44:25, 26 as the theme scripture and says this:

“I am . . . the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The article continues, “JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!”

I was in shock when I first read this and really was at a loss for words. Have any of the “signs and predictions” of the Watchtower/JW-Org/GB come true? Has not the WT organization been frustrated with countless wrong predictions? With their own words do they not condemn themselves by saying, “In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!” The same article continues, “How thankful we should be that Jehovah identifies his true messengers! He is indeed “the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The Watchtower has many times compared itself with Prophets of old including Moses, Isaiah and Ezekiel and this article continues, “…all people living then saw God’s ‘bared arm’ exerting power in human affairs in order to bring about the astounding salvation of a nation. They were given unimpeachable proof that Isaiah and Ezekiel were Jehovah’s true messengers."

Brothers, these are not my words, these are the words of a recent Watchtower magazine. So my question to you is where is this "unimpeachable proof" that the Governing Body of the Watchtower organization is Gods true messengers as they claim? None of the words they told me came true. The following was told to me:

This was the "creators promise" as appeared in the masthead of the Awake for years as I was growing up: "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

I was also told this:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

The Watchtowers words did not come true. I am now 50 years old. I never thought I would drive a car, get married, need an education or money to survive. Now I am old, lost everything including my wife, children and most of my family and I ask you. Where is this "unimpeachable proof" that you are Gods true messengers? I would really like to see it. Time ran out on the 1914 generation. The cover of the Watchtower May 15, 1984 has a picture with 16 older Jehovah Witnesses on it and the caption reads, "1914, the generation that will not pass away." Every person on that cover is now dead. Is this "unimpeachable proof?" Truth is the new overlapping generation teaching of the Watchtower is not "new light" from Jehovah, time ran out on this false prediction. The Watchtower is guilty of what they condemn other for, "false predictions" in the May 1,1997 Watchtower.

This quote really upset me and I ask you how could the Watchtower and Awake say such things:

“True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end to the world,” even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The “end” did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God’s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them.” Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.23

Do I need to quote all the false predictions of the Watchtower? The Watchtower is known world wide for its record of false predictions. At Matthew 12:36 Jesus said, "I tell YOU that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgment Day; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.” The Watchtower has tried to hide it's history. The new website JW.org only will show Watchtower articles dating back to the year 2000. Most everyone knows the reason why they do not make all Watchtowers available. It is full of "unprofitable saying that men speak" and false predictions.

I was told the Watchtower organization never claimed to be a prophet of God many times. Yet I have several articles that prove otherwise. Could they be anymore clear in the following statements:

The Watchtower from March 15, 1972 makes this statement on page 189 from the bound volume:

"More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a 'prophet' in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.?"

The same Watchtower on page 190 goes on further:

"It is of importance to every individual on earth to identify the group that Jehovah has commissioned as his 'servant' or messenger.... For this reason forthcoming issues of The Watchtower will further discuss the identity and work of Jehovah's commissioned messenger as revealed in His vision to Ezekiel"

It is followed with the ultimate claim of being a prophet in the "forthcoming issue" of the Watchtower, from April 1, 1972, on page 197 it states:

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. (What does the record show I ask you?) Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom." Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them'

If that is not clear enough for you, here is more from the Watchtower organization.

"All True Christians ARE Prophets. The New American Bible correctly states: "Prophet means 'one who speaks for another,' especially for God. It does not necessarily mean that he predicts the future!" You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses." Awake! 1986 Jun 8 p. 9

Here is how Watchtower tries to brush all of this off:

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" Awake! 1993 Mar 22 p.4

My question is how can the Watchtower say such a dishonest statement when they have said the following:

"Today, Jehovah provides instruction by means of "the faithful steward." Pay Attention to Yourself and to All The Flock p.13

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these Scriptures mean." Watchtower 1931 Jun 1 p.160

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

"… the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece…" Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 p.230

"No man can properly interpret prophecy, and the Lord sends his angels to transmit correct information to his people." Watchtower 1936 Feb 15 p.52

Dear Brothers,

I agree with many things you teach but I could go on and on about things that I have found out that are just not right and are untrue. If you announce to my family and friends that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, passing judgment on me for my doubts in your leaders, there will be major repercussions and you can count on that. I do not try and subvert the faith of anyone who believes in Jehovah God and his son Christ Jesus and never have. I now obey my only leader Christ Jesus and partake of the bread and vine. I have been reborn into Christ and that is a Christian requirement. (John 3:3) " YOU traverse sea and dry land" and then "YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men ; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in." (Matthew 23:13-15) Jesus came to save sinners not righteous and he found me, a beaten down lost sheep. I have lost all for Christ. Jesus said we will be put to death by our own family and that has already happened to me because I no longer bow to the governing body of the Watchtower organization. To all of you I am already dead. When they were putting Jesus to death they broke the other two men's legs so they would die faster. When they came to Jesus they didn't break his legs because he was already dead. I am dead to you so why do you insist on breaking my legs? It will only make me more powerful in my resolve to expose the real truth about you and my leader Christ Jesus. I will come out in the open about this on a local and worldwide level. If you continue to slander me before my family and friends I will use the internet and all the resources I have to start a class action lawsuit world wide against the Watchtower and those who run it. Notice, I said the Watchtower, not Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you really want to break my legs? I love these local elders and they have helped me in the past. They have good intentions and I know that. I will view any actions they take on me as from the Watchtower and it's leaders. The only action I will take on the local congregations is I will post this letter in the local newspapers and I will reach every Jehovah's Witness I know with the real facts about this organization.

As far as your invitation to meet with you I have this to say, "Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is Jehovah. Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

Unlike your "faithful and discreet slave" that you exalt and show much gratitude to as they demand and expect, I am a good for nothing slave and I always remind myself of Jesus words here at Luke 17, 7-10, “Who of YOU is there that has a slave plowing or minding the flock who will say to him when he gets in from the field, ‘Come here at once and recline at the table’? Rather, will he not say to him, ‘Get something ready for me to have my evening meal, and put on an apron and minister to me until I am through eating and drinking, and afterward you can eat and drink’? He will not feel gratitude to the slave because he did the things assigned, will he? So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’

It has recently came to light that "new light" is coming from your leaders the governing body. They will announce in the near future that only they, the "governing body" are now recognized as the "faithful and discreet slave." Thus all the others who have been partaking are no longer faithful and discreet slaves. Curious how it has taken this long to figure out who the "slave" really is. Truth is, this was only one more parable by Jesus that represents any faithful servant of his.

With Christian love,

Your brother in Christ,

A good for nothing slave,

Gregg Blasingame

• tiki
    tiki

i think it is very long.....but you make some fantastic points. i love your take on baptism as a minor and not contracting with an organization but with God and Christ - and that we are not "owned" by men. I find it very presumptuous of a group of men to think that they hold the eternal salvation or damnation of a fellowman in their hands when Jesus plainly stated that we are all brothers, and one is your leader, the Christ.

Good work, Gregg......

please omit the good for nothing slave. it seems sarcastic, which is good in a way, but irrelevant - and negative.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

the best thing for you to do is post this letter on the internet for other curious people to read. As far as the elders, they will simply scan through it looking for some official line where you say that you're no longer a JW or whatever. Other than that, they're just toss it into the trash, either because (1) they are too stupid to understand all the words you used or (2) they are too lazy to read something as real and geniune as this letter that you have obviously poured your heart into.

The funny thing about what's written in the Watchtower and Awakes, even recent ones, is that no devout JW really gives two sh*ts about what's written. There is an underlying arrangement set in stone, and you either follow it, or you're out. It's kind of like a Hallmark card, they are nice to get and the funny little quip/inspirational poem/motivational statement may be quite comforting and make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but 20 seconds after putting down the card, you forget all about it. Same way with the WT literature. It's almost written from a dog's perspective. A dog doesn't remember the past nor cares for the future; it live in the NOW.

That's probably why they print those despicable magazines every other day. I read The Count of Monte Cristo like 5 years ago. It was such an awesome work of literature that I still remember the plot and details to this day. And that is the fundemental difference between good literature and Watchtower sh*t.

I have no idea what i'm talking about. Good letter.

• sir82
    sir82
    If you announce to my family and friends that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, passing judgment on me for my doubts in your leaders, there will be major repercussions and you can count on that.

What do you mean by "major repercussions"? Are you threatening legal action? If so, you should say so.

What exactly is your goal here? If your intent is to not get announced as "no longer a JW", threatening legal action is a good way to at least get a long delay.

There's a poster here, I think maybe DocBob, who wrote a fantastic and explicit letter explaining what exactly he would do, legally, if announced as DF. Search for that for more ideas.

Frankly, the elders couldn't care less about your points, however valid, well-researched, and well-presented they are. They just want to know, "should we DF him or not?" After the first 2 or 3 sentences, they'll just skim your letter looking for reasons to DF you.

A big bold threat of legal action will get them on the phone to the WT legal department. That's why you want to be as explicit as possible.

• moshe
    moshe

I agree it is great material, but they will only look for something to hang you with- I would delete my name while you still have time-- in 10 years you may not want this to come up on a Google search of your name--

• Gefangene
    Gefangene

I love this letter! It has a lot of good points, points agianst which the elders won't have anything to say. I pray that this wonderful letter will help other elders / JWs to see the true colors of the org.

Your letter is written in a very humble way. You keep asking the elders to please help you understand. They won't be able of accusing you of 'haughtiness' or 'arrogance' as they love to do with people they disfellowship.

The letter has my blessing..

Sadly.. it is for sure they will d/f you or consider your letter as a d/a letter.

Hang in there and may Jesus show you the best possible way for you

• Elephant
    Elephant

Greybeard,

this is a wonderfull example of how scriptures can be applied to ANYONE in their favor or against...

...furthermore, as the obove poster indicated, it's too long...why go through such shenanigans when you can just refuse to show up at such jc and be done with it?...

...yet you still refer to these jws as 'brothers', don't take it personal if they chuckle when they read this, you put it in there...

...do yourself a favor 'brother' Blasingame and avoid all this trouble for yourself and your dear 'brothers'...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Gregg,

I wrote a letter.

May I ask what your goal is?

At the time I wrote my letter, I did not fully understand the set of events that I was putting into motion. My letter achieved some of my goals, but it eliminated the pursuit of other ones.

-LWT

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wonderful letter

However, the way this letter reads you will be DF'd for apostasy, you don't have to be present @ a JC for them to DF you. Though you are not subverting the faith of others, you clearly admit you're now partaking of wine/bread AND threaten them " there will be major repercussions and you can count on that" without a leg to stand on because you admit to things here.....

You really need to ask yourself why you're writing this, what is your motivation. If you are really going to file a suit, you need to be smart and take all of the things that make you guilty of apostasy.

Personally the letter starts off with you wanting questions answered, but ends with you answering your own questions. Also, it's a proven fact that letters that are too long lose the interest of readers....it's way too long...........

Bookmarked/great scriptures...

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thank you ALL for your advice. I am writing this to set the record straight and offer proof to anyone, my family or whoever why I am being DFed if they do DF me. I want this to go before the org. That is why I am writing it.

Here is an update thanks to your quick advice. I don't have much time. Need to print and send. They meet tonight. I am no longer hiding my name but thanks for the advice ;)

UPDATED:

To: All elders in the Grover Beach Congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, The Watchtower Corporation and Governing Body of "Jehovah Witnesses"

CC: Watchtower Inc.

Dear elders in the Grover Beach Congregation of Jehovah Witnesses ,

Due to recent accusations of apostasy and my conversation with elder Ron Dare of the local Grover Beach congregation of Jehovah Witnesses, I have been asked to a judicial meeting. I told Ron Dare over the phone some of my concerns and why I had doubts and he asked me to write a letter stating I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I told him I could never write such a letter and refuse to do so. I am still a witness of our most high God and his son Christ Jesus. I am also a witness to many mistakes of the Watchtower corporation ran by the governing body and request that you answer my questions in writing. The scriptures tell us to "test every inspired utterance" yet it is not allowed in this organization. I have been told to keep my questions to myself and "wait on Jehovah" by elders, my father, brother who is an elder, family and JW's friends. Nobody has been able to answer my questions and I am now being labeled an "apostate."

Jude 1:22 tells us, "continue showing mercy to some that have doubts" yet if you are a baptized member of the Watchtower organization and you express doubts in the men who run it, the governing body, you will be disfellowshipped.

What I am guilty of is expressing that I no longer put my trust in man and my only leader is Christ Jesus as commanded in the Bible. Psalms 146:3, Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs ." Matthew 23:10, "Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ ."

I told brother Ron Dare I have not been to the Kingdom Hall in over 3 years and am not currently associated with any of the local congregations run by the Watchtower organization.

I was Baptized in March of 1978 and here are the baptism questions I was asked when making my dedication:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1970 May 15 p.309:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

Please notice the change in the current baptismal questions:

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.30:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

I was 16 years old when I got baptized. It was a dedication from my heart to my heavenly father and his son Christ Jesus. Not to any man, organization or Watchtower Corporation. When I was dedicated in 1978, a "governing body" didn't even exist to me. That was something just forming at the time. As a matter of fact, I was too young to legally enter a life long contract with any organization as the current baptismal questions would have me do. Due to many things being handled wrongly by elders in my early years growing up from 18 years old on, I learned not to trust men. I was a victim of mental abuse and my confidential talk to elders was betrayed. Due to these experiences I never desired to join the ranks of elders or ministerial servants. There is no legal right for YOU or the organization to disfellowship me that I am aware of. You have no such binding contract with me. I am dedicated to Jehovah and his son Christ Jesus. Not any man or organization.

If you truly do want to help me then please answer my questions:

May 1, 1997 Watchtower quotes ISAIAH 44:25, 26 as the theme scripture and says this:

“I am . . . the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The article continues, “JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!”

I was in shock when I first read this and really was at a loss for words. Have any of the “signs and predictions” of the Watchtower/JW-Org/GB come true? Has not the WT organization been frustrated with countless wrong predictions? With their own words do they not condemn themselves by saying, “In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning—yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!” The same article continues, “How thankful we should be that Jehovah identifies his true messengers! He is indeed “the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers.” The Watchtower has many times compared itself with Prophets of old including Moses, Isaiah and Ezekiel and this article continues, “…all people living then saw God’s ‘bared arm’ exerting power in human affairs in order to bring about the astounding salvation of a nation. They were given unimpeachable proof that Isaiah and Ezekiel were Jehovah’s true messengers."

These are not my words, these are the words of a recent Watchtower magazine. So my question to you is where is this "unimpeachable proof" that the Governing Body of the Watchtower organization is Gods true messengers as they claim? None of the words they told me came true. The following was told to me:

This was the "creators promise" as appeared in the masthead of the Awake for years as I was growing up: "Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

I was also told this:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

The Watchtowers words did not come true. I am now 50 years old. I never thought I would drive a car, get married, need an education or money to survive. Now I am old, lost everything including my wife, children and most of my family and I ask you. Where is this "unimpeachable proof" that you are Gods true messengers? I would really like to see it. Time ran out on the 1914 generation. The cover of the Watchtower May 15, 1984 has a picture with 16 older Jehovah Witnesses on it and the caption reads, "1914, the generation that will not pass away." Every person on that cover is now dead. Is this "unimpeachable proof?" Truth is the new overlapping generation teaching of the Watchtower is not "new light" from Jehovah, time ran out on this false prediction. The Watchtower is guilty of what they condemn other for, "false predictions" in the May 1,1997 Watchtower.

This quote really upset me and I ask you how could the Watchtower and Awake say such things:

“True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end to the world,” even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The “end” did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God’s truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them.” Awake! 1968 Oct 8 p.23

Do I need to quote all the false predictions of the Watchtower? The Watchtower is known world wide for its record of false predictions. At Matthew 12:36 Jesus said, "I tell YOU that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgment Day; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.” The Watchtower has tried to hide it's history. The new website JW.org only will show Watchtower articles dating back to the year 2000. Most everyone knows the reason why they do not make all Watchtowers available. It is full of flip flops in teachings and many false predictions.

I was told the Watchtower organization never claimed to be a prophet of God many times. Yet I have several articles that prove otherwise. Could they be anymore clear in the following statements:

The Watchtower from March 15, 1972 makes this statement on page 189 from the bound volume:

"More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a 'prophet' in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.?"

The same Watchtower on page 190 goes on further:

"It is of importance to every individual on earth to identify the group that Jehovah has commissioned as his 'servant' or messenger.... For this reason forthcoming issues of The Watchtower will further discuss the identity and work of Jehovah's commissioned messenger as revealed in His vision to Ezekiel"

It is followed with the ultimate claim of being a prophet in the "forthcoming issue" of the Watchtower, from April 1, 1972, on page 197 it states:

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. (What does the record show I ask you?) Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom." Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them'

If that is not clear enough for you, here is more from the Watchtower organization.

"All True Christians ARE Prophets. The New American Bible correctly states: "Prophet means 'one who speaks for another,' especially for God. It does not necessarily mean that he predicts the future!" You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses." Awake! 1986 Jun 8 p. 9

Here is how Watchtower tries to brush all of this off:

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'" Awake! 1993 Mar 22 p.4

My question is how can the Watchtower say such a statement when they have said the following:

"Today, Jehovah provides instruction by means of "the faithful steward." Pay Attention to Yourself and to All The Flock p.13

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these Scriptures mean." Watchtower 1931 Jun 1 p.160

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

"… the truths I present, as God's mouthpiece…" Zion's Watch Tower 1906 Jul 15 p.230

"No man can properly interpret prophecy, and the Lord sends his angels to transmit correct information to his people." Watchtower 1936 Feb 15 p.52

Please understand I agree with many things you teach but I could go on and on about things that I have found out that are just not right and are untrue. If you announce to my family and friends that I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, passing judgment on me for my doubts in your leaders, there will be major repercussions and you can count on that. I do not try and subvert the faith of anyone who believes in Jehovah God and his son Christ Jesus and never have. I now obey my only leader Christ Jesus and partake of the bread and vine. I have been reborn into Christ and that is a Christian requirement. (John 3:3) " YOU traverse sea and dry land" and then "YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men ; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in." (Matthew 23:13-15) Jesus came to save sinners not righteous and he found me, a beaten down lost sheep. I have lost all for Christ. Jesus said we will be put to death by our own family and that has already happened to me because I no longer bow to the governing body of the Watchtower organization. To all of you I am already dead. When they were putting Jesus to death they broke the other two men's legs so they would die faster. When they came to Jesus they didn't break his legs because he was already dead. I am dead to you so why do you insist on breaking my legs? It will only make me more powerful in my resolve to expose the real truth about you and my leader Christ Jesus. I will come out in the open about this on a local and worldwide level. I consider none of you as in Christ. If you announce I am no longer a Jehovah Witness before my family and friends I will consider it as slander and I will use the internet and all the resources I have to start a class action lawsuit world wide against the Watchtower and those who run it. Notice, I said the Watchtower, not Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you really want to break my legs? I love these local elders and they have helped me in the past. They have good intentions and I know that. I will view any actions they take on me as from the Watchtower and it's leaders. The only action I will take on the local congregations is I will post this letter in the local newspapers and I will reach every Jehovah's Witness I know with the real facts about this organization.

As far as your invitation to meet with you I have this to say, "Now to me it is a very trivial matter that I should be examined by YOU or by a human tribunal. Even I do not examine myself. For I am not conscious of anything against myself. Yet by this I am not proved righteous, but he that examines me is Jehovah. Hence do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring the secret things of darkness to light and make the counsels of the hearts manifest, and then each one will have his praise come to him from God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

Unlike your "faithful and discreet slave" that you exalt and show much gratitude to as they demand and expect, I am a good for nothing slave and I always remind myself of Jesus words here at Luke 17, 7-10, “Who of YOU is there that has a slave plowing or minding the flock who will say to him when he gets in from the field, ‘Come here at once and recline at the table’? Rather, will he not say to him, ‘Get something ready for me to have my evening meal, and put on an apron and minister to me until I am through eating and drinking, and afterward you can eat and drink’? He will not feel gratitude to the slave because he did the things assigned, will he? So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’

It has recently came to light that "new light" is coming from your leaders the governing body. They will announce in the near future that only they, the "governing body" are now recognized as the "faithful and discreet slave." Thus all the others who have been partaking are no longer faithful and discreet slaves. Curious how it has taken this long to figure out who the "slave" really is. Truth is, this was only one more parable by Jesus that represents any faithful servant of his.

With Christian love,

Your brother in Christ,

Gregg Blasingame

John 14:6

P.S. I repeat: If you announce I am no longer a Jehovah Witness before my family and friends I will consider it as slander and I will use the internet and all the resources I have to start a class action lawsuit world wide against the Watchtower and those who run it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit