Freedom from religion foundation - I'm joining!

by tootired2care 47 Replies latest social current

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

iran is united under god

• sabastious
    sabastious
    iran is united under god

A named god, not The God. I hope I don't get killed for saying that.

-Sab

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

sabastious said "i hope i dont get killed for saying that."

that is kinda the point. from who would you fear? nontheists or religious folk?

in our loop of the bible belt rednecks are just as likley to lynch you as sand people for voicing doubt. GUNS, JESUS, and BABIES... yeehaw

• cofty
    cofty

When religion gets unfettered secular power....

The 14-year-old Pakistani girl whose shooting by the Taliban last week caused worldwide revulsion, was flown into Birmingham yesterday in an air ambulance from Rawalpindi, and is being assessed at a leading trauma centre for gunshot wounds and head injuries.

Malala Yousafzai was shot last Tuesday for "promoting secularism" by writing a blog about her campaign for girls' education, which was all but suspended when the Taliban took control of the Swat valley, where she lives with her family....

Just like the Watchtower the Taliban's greatest fear is education.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    that is kinda the point. do you fear nontheists or religious folk?

Such doesn't happen in my country. I only fear relgious zealots on the outside. America does religion right and it shows. I do fear non religious people because they are pissing off those outside zealots and giving them more reason to hate.

-Sab

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol not at all, in reference to you being killed about it.

that said, there's 0 explicit proof that there is a god. there's billions of people who disagree on who god is, what god is, how many gods there are, and if there even is a god to begin with.

and science and religion have been butting heads for centuries.

over the years, religion has had to give up the idea that god created the earth in 7 days

that god created the earth at the center of everything

that god created everything as is without evolution

and that's not even getting into the possibilities with qp. so at what point do we toss out the bible and those teaching things that we can prove are wrong?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Such doesn't happen in my country.

The world the bible (and by extension Christianity) touts is not anything remotly like America. People aren't killed here for apostacy, but they are in the world where your god has control of everything including free will. Just look at the account of the poor guy who decided to go and gather wood on the sabbath, that account pretty much sums up everything that religion stands for when its power is unchecked.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

RELIGION Worst nightmare is Education.

God got Cancer when google was invented.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit