Freedom from religion foundation - I'm joining!

by tootired2care 47 Replies latest social current

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Yes, that's bad and you don't want it attached to your State. That's why polytheistic civilizations are not strong and monotheistic are.

So Rome - a polytheistic nation was not strong? I think you need to revisit the history books.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So Rome - a polytheistic nation was not strong?

Nope, they were doomed when they started, too many gods.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

A nation that dominated most of the earth for more than five centuries was not strong? I can't think of any Monotheistic nations that have ever dominated that long, can you assuming that is what you mean by "strong"?

• cofty
    cofty

If enough politicians that believe in Islam as strongly as the Taliban do, came to power in parlament what would stop them from implementing tenets of Sharia in England's policies?

Its never going to happen There will never be more than a handful of Islamic MPs in the UK parliament.

The bigger danger to democracy is the law that technically makes it an offence to cause offence and the improper use of hate-crime laws.

• cofty
    cofty

Interestingly enough they left England to escape the oppresive church of England and worship Jesus freely in their own way.

Actually they were seeking freedom to behave like the Taliban.

ETA - By the way I am all for getting religion out of the public square I'm just making the point that things are different over here. Its more likely to cause a person embarassment to admit to being religious in the UK than to espouse secular values.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    A nation that dominated most of the earth for more than five centuries was not strong? I can't think of any Monotheistic nations that have ever dominated that long can you?

Well, maybe I need to rephrase. Polytheism means you are going to have arguing gods. No matter what you are going to have arguing humans, so they should all be on the same page as to what God they represent. Arguing gods + arguing humans = 100% collapse. The Roman's had military strength because of amassing wealth. Their soliders were just paid and when the money runs out so does the civilization. If your populace is not all united under one God, which will NEVER be the case in a polytheistic/pantheistic society, you will not be able to retain your military strength while having enonomic woes and collapse is only a matter of time. America is a good example of a Monotheistic country. Our constitution just references God and not any particular God nor any pantheon or polytheistic framework. Because your population demands religion monotheism is your best bet. But only CORRECT monotheism which means God is just a position, not a specific name. The Quakers knew their stuff.

-Sab

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Its never going to happen There will never be more than a handful of Islamic MPs in the UK parliament.

How can you be so sure of this? Can you say the same for France or Spain?

• cofty
    cofty

How can you be so sure of this?

Because they make up a tiny, tiny minority in almost all of the UK. They are concentrated on certain urban areas so they will never be able to elect more than a few MPS

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Actually they were seeking freedom to behave like the Taliban.

I suppose that is an alternative way of looking at it.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well, maybe I need to rephrase. Polytheism means you are going to have arguing gods. No matter what you are going to have arguing humans, so they should all be on the same page as to what God they represent. Arguing gods + arguing humans = 100% collapse. The Roman's had military strength because of amassing wealth. Their soliders were just paid and when the money runs out so does the civilization. If your populace is not all united under one God, which will NEVER be the case in a polytheistic/pantheistic society, you will not be able to retain your military strength while having enonomic woes and collapse is only a matter of time. America is a good example of a Monotheistic country. Our constitution just references God and not any particular God nor any pantheon or polytheistic framework. Because your population demands religion monotheism is your best bet. But only CORRECT monotheism which means God is just a position, not a specific name. The Quakers knew their stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit