First time poster, Long time Lurker

by BackSlider 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BackSlider
    BackSlider

Hello Everyone!

I have been coming and reading stories and comments on this site for over 5 years now and this is the first time I have ever become a member. I've grown to love this site the most out of all the different ones that are out there for ex-JW's and current ones as well. I'm now in my late 30's and decided to fade out of the Borg about two years ago and its been so great. I was born and raised a witness, baptized when I was twelve, a regular pioneer for many years, my father is one of the anointed, my brothers are Elders, my sister's husband is an Elder etc. etc. Point is I'm surrounded and have been my whole life.

I'll post more about my story later.

I do want to address some of the New Light that just came out.

I think it is very obvious that the Governing Body is distancing themselves from Charles T Russell for a reason. They are playing the whole transition figure card right now, but the truth is, they have to find a way to drop 1914 from their beliefs and history. So by making Charley just a regular dude like you and me, they can say it was just a non-anointed ambitious guy who was all excited by what he was learning that was looking to dates like 1914, and its not until now that they understand he was not really the FDS. They won't say sorry. They'll just say, "Some in the past have made statements and predictions pointing to a date such as 1914, but is it wise to act as if you can predict the day and hour that Jehovah alone knows? No, it’s not wise. This is why Jehovah has entrusted his Faithful Slave to direct his earthly Organization, as the days draw near, to the proper food at the proper time."

Anyway i just wanted to get your opinions on this,

Again, Hello Everyone

Backslider

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

Welcome! :)

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Welcome BackSlider!

Interesting hypothesis. I would not be surprised if you are right about dropping 1914!

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

sorry doble post :(

• Hermano
    Hermano

Welcome! Stories like your give me hope. People can and do wake up. I'd be interested in knowing what triggered your awakening.

Interesting idea. I can see them trying to distance themselves from Russell. Not sure about dropping 1914. Although it may raise eyebrows as 2014 approaches, they dont seem to be backing away from it in the literature.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Hello and welcome Backslider.

I cannot see how though, that they can drop the 1914 business as that is pivitol to the 1919 business and Jesus appointing the "faithfull and discreet slave" as Master over all his possessions? The whole religion stands on that time period and without it, it will all come crashing down.

Unless of course, modern dubs are so dumbed down that they could accept the error of 1914 but not put two and two together to realise that would invalidate the GBs claim to have been appointed as the FDS.

It would also leave no further doubt that not only is this religion in error, but they are actually aware of this, but continue which would make them a delliberate enemy of God.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Welcome Backslider. I find your observation fascinating. With the indefinitely expanding “generation” they don't need to abandon 1914 , but to harmonise with accepted history they do. I would not be a bit surprised if your explanations turn out to true.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I love your username.

• BackSlider
    BackSlider

I understand there is a lot riding on 1914, and I have given it a lot of thought.

But also understand, that to be bold enough as to say Russell wasn't the FDS, and all the other Anointed Class are about the same as the common publishers, well thats really bold too. If you look into it, there's not as much talk of 1914 anymore at all actually. They spend much more time explaining how important sticking close to the organization, in this time of the end is, than just about anything else. I have had friends, in the writing dept in Bethel, tell me how they've commissioned a few brothers in the past 10 years to try and gather historical data to help them confirm 607 and 1914, and so far, not only did they come back with research that contradicted the dates, some of the brothers decided to no longer be involved with the Borg at all anymore. You see, it wouldn't be that hard for them to say that the dates should not be looked at as from god anymore, because they have already laid the groundwork for this line of thinking when they wrote about "some serving with a date in mind." Or when Governing Body Member, Bro. Loche, gave a talk about the faulty smoke alarm. He gave the example of, "Wouldn't you rather have a smoke alarm that went off once and awhile even if there was no fire, than to not have one, because at least you knew it worked, so that when the smoke started coming for real from a real fire you would have the warning." Now this to me sounds rediculous, but I saw people nodding their heads in agreement, all the while I was ready to set the place on fire because of how stupid it all was. I mean look at the "Generation/Generation overlap theory" they put out recently, I had my brother explaining it to me because I couldn't see how incredibly wise they were.

BackSlider

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

hi and welcome to the board!

You said your Dad is one of the "anointed". I'm wondering how you think he'll take it when he learns that he's not part of the FDS anymore?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit