First time poster, Long time Lurker

by BackSlider 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

How many left when 'this generation' became double speak? I agree with those that say 607 and 1914 wouldn't make much difference to most believers because it's reached a point where their beliefs are now built around the society and the people who run it. JW theology is like a line of goods that can be dropped from their inventory when their shelf life is up.

What a believer really cares about is the JW life style and to be accepted into that life style you can not question......anything. So the society can sell them just about any new light. And that's TTATT in my opinion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

P.S. WELCOME!!!

• flipper
    flipper

BACKSLIDER- Welcome to the board indeed ! It appears you have a pretty accurate take already on the WT society's modus operandi of constantly changing it's views and the ever changing " revisionist new light " ( as they call it ) - as they scramble around trying to cover their inaccurate and non existent fulfillment of prophecies they SO think they are experts on. I'd say I agree with everything you mention. WT leaders are just as much in the dark as anybody else - they don't know WHAT the hell is going on. The only thing they know is they are trying to preserve their financial empire through any means possible. Including by telling lies and deceiving 7 million JW's. Nice to have you here ! Look forward to getting to know you ! Good first thread ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome, BackSlider - I think that this "New Faithful & Discrete Slave" issue may be one of the biggest blunders the Society has yet done.

I agree with you that it is the start of some far0out new doctrine...maybe, as you say - it is an attempt to dump 1914 and Russell.

My own take was that it was a move to dumpe the old "annointed remnant" idea and put the GV ever more in charge and in your face.

I am also speculating that possibly the 144,000 may be declared to be a figurative number - not literal any longer.

Who knows?

Anyway, welcome, look forward to discussing this issue with you again.

James

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Hey Backslider! Welcome aboard! Your story is very similar to mine, down to the timeframe & family status...

good luck on your exit & fade

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome Backslider!

They've recently gone to great pains to defend the 607 BCE date, so it would be a surprise if they ditched 1914. Having said that, there have been many instances in their history where they have defended a doctrine only to make a U-turn on it soon afterward, so I guess anything can happen in WT-world. It was startling enough that they meddled with the 'sacred cow' FDS teaching. I figure (along with others) that the literalistic view of the 144,000 number is for the axe next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit