First time poster, Long time Lurker

by BackSlider 35 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome! I nwish you had started posting sooner!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

LWT: Without the Gentile Times prophecy (1914), on what basis can anyone conclude we're living in the 'Last Days'?

Gosh, brother, isn't it obvious from the composite signs that Jesus & Paul gave for us (Matt 24, Luke 21, 2 Tim).

That would do away with ANY date (no one knows the day or hour), and the ambiguous "signs" can be applied to almost ANY time in human history.

(Of course things are WORSE now than they have ever been, it should be so obvious to anyone that we are in the last of the Last Days.)

Most JWs won't even blink at such a revelation of "New Lite". Most don't read the WT or listen to what is said anyway.

An earlier post referred to a BIG CHANGE coming forth in November -- Elders and Servants to meet first to unify and support the BIG CHANGE. This was the post from Brazil. Anything new coming out on that?

Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111

BackSlider,

Welcome! Interesting intel about the writing committee!

But I agree with Doubting Bro...without 607 there is no 1914, without 1914, there is 1919...how would they derive their authority? The GB seem to have ramped the authority up by claiming only they are the Slave. Not Russell, not even the Apostles. Only these 8 men.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BackSlider:

Welcome to the forum!

• Hermano
    Hermano

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the new light regarding the FDS being only the GB is put in print, then that would undermine the authority of the FDS being tied to 1914 via 1918/1919. It makes little sense to say that the FDS was appointed in 1918/1919 but it was only in 2012 that the identity of the slave was really understood. (Not that it has to make any sense.... Bottom line is, whatever they say is new light will be accepted as such by 95% of the rank and file.)

If they are going to ditch 1914 then I would expect to not see it mentioned as much in the literature. Speaking of which, have they alluded to the FDS being selected in 1918/1919 recently? Maybe they'll ditch this first then bail on 1914.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Hi and welcome.

I do not think 607/1914/1918/1919 is going to be dropped anytime soon. Last year (2011) they produced a very long article 'proving' Jerusalem fell in 607 BCE (WT Oct/Nov). The only purpose behind this 12 page epistle is to prove 1914. Nobody in the WTS cares when Jerusalem actually fell as long as it points to 1914.

Without 1914 you don't have 1918 or 1919.

George

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome! And very well-stated. Yes.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. Look forward to reading your posts.

Loz x

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Glad you're here...look forward to more of your story!

TD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome!

Anytime a new one comes on board I keep hoping it's one of my kids!

Oh, well, you're not, but at least you are an example to others!

Nice first couple of posts. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit