That bus driver in Cleveland should get an award. Beautifully executed uppercut.

by Theocratic Sedition 46 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I wonder if that video just got him fired ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats not how you Handle Security..

He could have put her off the bus without Excesive Force..

He just punched her out..

The bus company needs to Take Responsibity for Screening & Training their Drivers..

That was Pathetic..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Pretty sure his job disciption does not allow for physical violence . Does not matter how rude she was or how much she 'deserved' it ,there are protocals to be followed in these kinds of instances ,and I am positive it does not include what he did .

• cult classic
    cult classic

The man had been working for RTA for 22 years. He didn't hit her until she spit on him and put her hands on him. He's subject to provocation just like anyone else. He'd had it. And rightly so.

The little (very little) sympathy she is getting is because she's a female.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm not sure if he was fired yet, but he was put on immediate suspension. I'm pretty sure they will follow due process and then let him go. It looked like even after he punched her, he started pulling her hair. I can't watch it again to be sure, but I thought I saw that toward the end. I DID she her take some swipes at him after he hit her---and I kind of get that after being punched silly.. I wasn't so clear on physical contact before he hit her, but I did here him escalating the situation with insults about her face. So he too was egging things on---and he was holding the responsible position.

I have to say, I find most Cleveland bus drivers to be quite professional and friendly. There were a couple who were wound very tight, and I used to think the stress was going to cause them to ram the bus into a wall one day, but most weren't like that. There was one that I finally had to report. She was nuts. She would listen to a radio show as she drove and laugh and talk, and read coupon flyers, WHILE THE BUS WAS ROLLING. She did it through a school zone across a crosswalk without even looking, and there were kids everywhere. I couldn't take it anymore. I called on her, and told how she didn't pay attention and was always slamming on her brakes. I remember they asked if any of my possesions flew off the seat from the stops. Well yeah---4 or 5 times each trip.

But I've seen them handle the mouthy aggressive ones in a totally different manner. They get very professional and very authoritative in their tone and immediately send out the signall for help. They work at diffusing the situation. I've never seen them get into a battle or start their own insults, because that escalates things. This guy's reaction was so outside the norm that it is stunning. Not excusing the girl, but he made it as bad as it could get.

• cult classic
    cult classic

There was a recent case in Kansas City. A group of thugs didn't pay their bus fare and were kicked off by the driver. One of the kids (18 yr old, I think), punched the older male bus driver out cold. The passengers had to assist the driver to get medical help. These drivers put up with a lot.

That day in Cleveland, the universe spoke loud and clear with a textbook uppercut.

• cult classic
    cult classic

The incident happened in September. Mr. Hughes was suspended recently, after the video went viral. RTA knows what their drivers are dealing with.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There were a few incidences here in NYC where busdrivers male and female have been assaulted, I wish they did what this guy did, and they would've been in the right, because they've been punched in their face, slashed with a knife and the latest a driver was stuck with a hyperdermic needle.

• tec
    tec

My husband agrees with me about the bus driver. No need for that. None at all. To wind up for an uppercut against her? He said not even a backhand could he understand.

Peace,

tammy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Another reason I chose to live close to the train rather than take the bus. The bus is slow enough, until everything has to stop because of one stupid passenger that feels entitled to start trouble. I can't understand why someone would even talk to the driver, let alone start an argument. I prefer that my driver pay full attention to the road rather than have us run the risk of become human missiles flying through the windshield.

I'm not interested in defending his actions of hitting her, but when she starts a fight like that with someone that size?... Whether the glass hits the rock or the rock hits the glass,... it's gonna be bad for the glass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit