A cautionary tale... the extremely beautiful sister and the worldly guy at the office

by cedars 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Doesn't this counsel fly in the face of some scriptures that say that Jehovah knows what you need and can read hearts? Doesn't the organization teach that approaching God in prayer, He will understand even if you don't fully understand exactly what is troubling you?

• Listener
    Listener

If the story is not true then he is making a lot of assumptions and ones that don't have anything to do with the story (like having everything that other women wished they had).

If she prayed more specifically he says God would direct her to the elders and they would read scriptures to her. Huh?

"But there's a guy down on the job" - there are some serious problems with the way he expressed this.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thank you for the captions. It would be nice to see some captions on the first part of the Lett Video. Thanks!

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

After 2:17 I couldn't take it anymore. What a load of crap. Cedars, how can I get to un-know these guys? Someone send the Men in Black? The worst fault of that colleague is that he doesn't yield to the Governing Body's authority... Some publications indicate that you don't always have to be specific. Doesn't the bible show that God knows what's on our mind and what we need, before we do?

• compound complex
    compound complex

In the same way the Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness. We do not even know what we ought to pray, but through our inarticulate groans the Spirit himself is pleading for us, and God who searches our inmost being knows what the Spirit means, because he pleads for God's people in God's own way; and in everything, as we know, he co-operates for good with those who love God and are called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:26-28, THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE WITH THE APOCRYPHA

• likeabird
    likeabird

At 1m24 and 1m29 don't you think his voice sounds like the serpent talking to Eve?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

What a buffoon.

"She has what all women want, and in all the right places."

So our esteemed Br. Herd is imagining the great body of this sister?

A buffoon and a perv.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Somehow, I also think the message here is trying to bring the members back to the days of yesteryear when the women in the workplace were young and single, only looking for a good man. But the JW women should be out pioneering and picking up their husband's dry cleaned suit for his upcoming talk at the Kingdom Hall. You know- women out there in the workplace ALWAYS LEADS TO SEX.

• poppers
    poppers

I guess Jehovah can't read hearts when she prays she "doesn't feel good."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit