Last night was my martyring

by outsmartthesystem 34 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

It went as expected. I had MULTIPLE opportunities to pounce on their inconsistencies....but I refrained. Why you may ask? Because I was recording it. Not for my benefit. Not even for the benefit of those that may want to hear it on Youtube. But for my daughters. Many years from now.....they will be accustomed to the local JWs (including their mom) referring to me as a mentally diseased apostate. They will be told that during my judicial committee hearing......I was irreverant, combative, insulting.....you know.....everything they paint an apostate to be. So for their sake........I was as calm and non-combative as possible. I brought up a few points.....but most importantly.....I asked twice.....if the elders will please answer my questions. I explained to them that the publications do not answer my questions. I explained that my wife would not discuss with me. I explained that my father in law (who is an elder) refused to answer my questions. I explained to them that I had written to the society and they too have refused to respond. Both times I asked the elders to answer my questions.....they refused. And that.....is what I wanted. I wanted my daughters to be able to hear with their own ears that their papa remained calm during their scrutiny. And that I have legitimate questions that no one at all is willing to consider.

I would have liked to have opened up the discussion to a host of uncomfortable topics for them......but I did not. All I wanted was to record their refusal to answer my questions. Mission accomplished

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Wow, fantastic job! That would take quite a bit of patience. I don't know if I could do it like that. Well done!

Are you going to post it? Or is it something you are going to keep in your family only?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Wow, what great foresight you've shown, truly keeping "your eye on the prize"! And what a wonderful gift to be able to offer to your children....

Two of these guys for you, since you've earned them:

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Congratulations on accomplishing your mission. I am sure it took considerable strength to remain calm.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

At anytime did they say "we are not here to answer your questions we are here to judge" or similar cult speak. Just wondering

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well done.

S

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Kudos to you, OTS!

I seriously doubt that I could have exercised such restrain.

If not too much to ask, did you ask specific questions, or their refusal was to even hear, let alone answer, such questions?

I hope a burden is off your shoulders now.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That's a great idea!

-Sab

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Good for you! So glad you are thinking things through and not acting on emotion. Your daughters should be proud when they hear it. I just hope you are able to keep them from becoming too indoctrinated in the meantime. Have a great weekend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit