Last night was my martyring

by outsmartthesystem 34 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OUTSMARTHTESYSTEM- Wow ! Well done. You really lived up to your Avatar name didn't you ? Good job. You will have that to show your daughters . How are things going by the way ? If you have time perhaps we can chat on the phone sometime soon. PM me what your availability is O.K. ? We are all here for you. Hang in there buddy

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Excellent! And kudos to you for keeping your goal in mind.

I'm curious, what were the "foolish questions" that nobody will answer?

(I really can't believe they called your questions foolish. What pricks!)

• Ding
    Ding
    And that I have legitimate questions that no one at all is willing to consider.

This is whether the WTS takes issue with you.

In WT-land, no JW can have legitimate questions about "Jehovah's organization."

They think you gave up your right to entertain these questions the moment you got baptized.

• tiki
    tiki

you outsmarted the system!! congrats! you can get your point across very nicely by maintaining composure and sticking to your guns....if you choose to actually let the kangaroo court proceedings proceed, that is.

• baltar447
    baltar447

So what was the end result OTS? DF'd?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have found questions in Watchtowerland to be pro forma. You ask the questions they give you to ask, and answer them by parroting back the words in that paragraph. Deviating from that will get you in an evasive runaround loop or a bombastic lecture that answers a question you didn't ask. I recorded a lot of it, since whatever the laws are, the Watchtower claims that the preaching work is a public ministry, so I was recording a public event. Just they dare start legal action against me, and then the recordings become a public record with more listeners than my piddling youtube channel would get.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

00Dad - I have a list of about 500 questions. But I narrowed it down to 50 for them. Things like comparing a post 1914 article to a pre 1914 article. One says "since well before 1914 the faithful slave promised.....blah blah blah". Then bringing out a pre 1914 article and showing exactly what they REALLY promised. And then asking why? Why weren't they truthful in the post 1914 article about what they were teaching back then? And straight from Cedar's book.....show me the scripture that says that God would send forth his holy spirit to direct a false teaching to use as a makeweight until the truth could later be revealed? Why does the admonition in Deut. regarding false prophets not apply to them? If it is because the light got brighter....see previous question. Or.......why can't anyone use that excuse? Why does the pre 1995 Awake say that it is "the Creator's promise" that those that saw the events of 1914 would also see the "end"? How is that not a false prophecy....since they stamped they made the promise on behalf of God? Etc

Flip - I pm'd you

Baltar - Yup. I kept evading their million dollar question. I would say things like "well....YOUR answers to MY questions would go a long way toward helping me determine that"....or "that remains to be fully determined". Finally the ringleader got mad and answered for me. They convened for 2 minutes and then announced they'd be DFing me.

The best parting shot came as I left. One of the elders shook his head and said "OSTS, this is sad. I really used to consider you a friend." I said, "Brother Angry, I STILL consider you a friend".

• ziddina
    ziddina

You're a better man than I, Gunga Din...

I would have bitten my tongue off, trying to hold it in.

• whathappened
    whathappened

So they are df ing you. They really enjoy their power trip, don't they?

• clarity
    clarity

What you did could not have been easy.out

This whole thing is very shocking to the body, soul & mind!

Take it easy for awhile.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit