holding off on my baptism???

by madcow78596 50 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Both of the reasons you mentioned are arbitrary at best. Think about what you are doing. Does God really want you to dedicate yourself to an organization that makes decisions like this? Do you believe God is directing them to tell you this?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

you mentioned you are curvy. Let's explore that a bit further.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Madcow - I am in the same exact boat as Punkofnice. I have committed no sin. But I dared question the leadership of the organization. I dared think for myself and because of this I will be disfellowshipped next week and my wife left me. Loyalty to the organization takes precedence over marriage and even over children. This organization DESTROYS families. PLEASE reconsider.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, and do you really think it was the intention of Jesus for two men to tell you that you can't get baptized and have s personal relationship with him and with God? Is that biblical in any way?

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

welcome... your asking questions shows that you are much to intelligent to feed your brain with watchtower BS! i read all the coments and the advice is solid and better than any i could give.. apply it please! let me go the Watchtower route instead and share an experience for your son... i was a jw child from age 7-18... at first it didnt phase me to be different because i thought all my classmates eould be killed by jesus soon anyway ( how screwed up is that). as i got older i was isolated and a loner and miserable. its ok i thought... i will soon be perfect... the misery grew from the pain ofnot associating with my peers because they were "bad association". the whole time im a straight A student being told to go to a trade school n learn something that could get me bywhile i pioneered ( which i did for a year and a half @ age 17) but i was never happy! never good enough! after i leaving the anxiety was too much and i spent a few years dabbling in drugs n whatever else u can think of... i finally grew as a person to be the happy n proud father i am today... and at the same age as you at 28 im telling you as u should know that your kids are your paradise! give them all of your love and dedication not jehovah... do not

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

put before him my path and that of countless others with the same experience! you can be hsppy now! live now! be free now! u dont have to be miserable till armagedon! please... i beg you... reconsider your baptism

• Gayle
    Gayle

It sounds like you have concerns and that is rightful. Some make the mistake that when they lived in the past with no structure in their lives, they are attracted to a religion or cult with "over structure" for themselves. They go to extremes, especially for their children. However, the children get the brunt of a critical life of which causes negativity to the other direction.

No one got a perfect parent, no matter how hard we try. But our kids must learn also from us, forgiveness, and joy. Don't teach your children to always wait till later in life for it to be good. Tens of thousands of JW kids were taught young, they will ride lions, tigers and bears "soon" in a new/different world. Majority of JW kids leave this religion eventually. The WTS puts such rules that just about make them skip being kids, light and free, only overly burdening these youth. The majority of the members at their Headquarters, circuit/ and district never had kids. What do they know. (rhetorical)

Please be an unconditional loving mom for your children. They will be children such a short time. Your children are your ministry. You need no further burden, especially as a single mom. Encourage their schooling, sportsmanship, artistic abilities, ethics, love, joy and peace. They will be thankful to you, especially when they are grown. I was raised in JW at 9 yrs old, and married and had 5 kids when I realized I had to re-evaluate all WT teachings. My kids are grown now and thankful for their freedom of mind and heart and now I am a proud grandma. Good life happens outside the WT.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I don't mean to scare you, but ask anyone on here and they will agree that what I'm about to say is true.

I was a JW for my entire life. Things are different now than they were in the 70's [Yes, I'm aging myself- I'm of the 1975 generation ]

They are nice and sweet until the minute you are baptized {Which of course if you look on pg 215 of the 'Organized to Jehovah's Will' book the 2 questions there] You are getting baptized TO THE ORGANIZATION NOT Jehovah, Jesus & the holy spirit thru the bible Like I did in 1979.

But the minute you become one of Jehovah's Witnesses they turn and immediately start telling you what to wear, what to think, what kind of medical care you can get, the elders words are law, and in the past, even what you and your mate can or cannot do in the bedroom, who you can associate with. PLEASE read Raymond Franz's book Crisis of Conscience before you commit yourself . One more thing, there is NO honorable way to get out.

They will ALL shun you the minute you do not follow the program of the Watchtower Society

• Ding
    Ding

Before you conclude that this organization speaks for Jehovah, PLEASE read the thread cited below.

If I had seen these things early on in my study, I would have had no interest in continuing the study.

Cut and Paste of "The List" by Prominent Bethelite of Previous Watchtower Predicted Dates
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Ahh yes...they key moment of disappointment. Your feelings got hurt and here you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit