Mrs Punk left the family!

by punkofnice 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

You aren't a failure. You are a wonderful caring, well rounded, talented man, who is a great dad. I know, Im stalking you on Facebook as you know

Paula x

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Punky- I'm glad that you share and vent here! You did NOT FAIL! You woke UP! Unfortunately your wife did not.

You have 2 boys that you are setting an example for by being a TRUTHful person.

You are not a hypocrite. YOU stand up for what you know is TRUE. THat is something that I'm sure they admire in their FATHER! I am sorry about your daughter, Punky. I hope you have tried to reach out to her to let her know you love her unconditionally-no strings attached. And if you haven't, please do, but without saying anything negative about her mother or JW's. Write her a letter.

Punky, every one has ups and downs. I hope that you will look and reflect on all the good aspects of your life and your children and even your wife and accept things for what they are.

What do you plan to do? Have you given some thought about what steps you can take to help yourself?

Keep your chin up!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for your kind replies. I appreciate your time and comments.

Paula Chase me, chase me.

Last night a fellow musician said to me: 'You're the nicest bloke I know!'

Little things mean a lot.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey mate, you are certainly no failure. You are a charming, witty fellow who not only is loving father who puts his kids first, but also a man who plays guitar, sings in tune and makes a great contribution to a beheading birthday party.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - Thanks buddy. We made Jehovah(TM) sad at the party. GOOD!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Punk, I've only just caught up with this thread, and I haven't yet read absolutely all the posts, but I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

Family break-ups have a horrible effect on everyone, and in a family it'll have a different effect on each child, depending on their age and personality and position in the family.

I found in mine, when their father left, that each one reacted differently. Also, how each one responds initially may bear no relation to how it will affect them in years to come.

So hang on in there. Don't blame yourself. That's what kids do. It may not seem like it, but each one tends to think the parent left because that child wasn't nice enough/good enough/didn't do enough to stop it happening/should have been able to prevent it.

It's so good, as others have said, that you can talk and share your feelings here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Chariklo - Thanks for the kind words. The boys certainly are reacting differently.

It's still a rollercoaster trying to look after them AND myself. I tend to neglect myself if I'm not careful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit