"My sheep hear my voice."

by tec 58 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and tec, you too.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

As I said, I have no issue with people making mistakes in judgment.

It is how those mistakes are handled that speaks to me.

And I have yet to see ANY believer here take responsibility.

I understand why - they claim to speak for Jesus - when it turns out they are wrong......OMG....shuffle *that* under the rug, for sure. And all the fellow believers - strangely silent when one of your's is wrong.

For all the talk about sticking up for those bullied, and speaking out for what is right **toot, toot** your own horns.....Yet, suspiciously silent when one of your's is the bully or the one in the wrong.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

palm, it is called plausible deniability. if you take credit for your own actions you must take responsibility for being wrong every now and again. jesus does not take responsibility for ppls mistakes. why give him credit for your mental growth/understanding?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

palm, it is called plausible deniability. if you take credit for your own actions you must take responsibility for being wrong every now and again.

That's interesting! I see leaders here who don't want to take responsibility for leading, so they say they are followers and no one should follower--yet they continue to promote their ideas and people continue to follow---not their responsibility----this is getting more and more interesting! This dynamic has puzzled me, and watching it unfold is revealing.

Wasn't it Ceasar (Julius) who INSISTED he didn't want to be an emporer?

The entire time they insist none should follow, they continue to lead----do it THEIR way and you will be given the answers. Not check it out independently and consider that they are wrong---of course they are often wrong (humility)---but do it THEIR way and you'll find the right answers (even though their answers are not always right---more humility---but at least they have blazed the trail toward the answers.)

I should start writing this stuff down in a book. LOL

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    why give him credit for your mental growth/understanding?

Haha! I don't.

I take responsibility for my own actions. And my own understandings. I think things through. I do everything I can to verify my information. Sometimes, meditation helps me to clarify. I don't just Pray and accpet whatever comes into my head as "wisdom from above."

And I never claim that my thoughts come directly from Jesus.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

palm, babe. responsibility and prayer can not coexist. "one of these things just dont belong. which one could it be?"

• NewChapter
  • fakesmile
    fakesmile

NC,

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

fakesmile - there is no way I could have learned what I have learned by being smart.

Let me tell you a quick story. Not to long ago I spoke to my mother on the phone. She is on the verge of full shunning. Pleading with me to return to the meetings. Anyway I explain for about 5 or 10 minutes what is really happening, read some scriptures, and even crying a bit because of them being deceived and in danger. I ask if she's familiar with the scripture and such and she says yes. We have about a 10 minute conversation. At the end of it, she says, why were you crying? She did not hear an entire world of that entire conversation. It was like she tranced out of the whole thing. I saw a LITERAL blindness and deafness, which the scriptures say satan has blinded the world.

What I've learned and had revealed about the entire world, nothing scriptual but the entire world over the period of several years.

It's not being smart. There is a real blindness. It won't go away without God's help. There will be a limit to what you can learn or understand without his help.

I can't take credit for any of this. If I didn't believe in him, I wouldn't have even ever seeked out or gave it a chance. I would have never learned any of this. And there is a limit to what somebody can be taught and for them to understand.

It's just like Matt 11:25 - At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes.

There are somehow mental blocks in our minds that need to be opened to be able to see and realize certain things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit