Proof that Satan is in control of the WT and THAT is why the new change will come.....

by EndofMysteries 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Answered. And dude, you should have sent that to me way sooner.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Sab - Keep your faith, you will very soon see how it's paid off.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EOM, you keep your faith. It's obvious how faith has paid off.

Science wins, hands down.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

CA SAID:

"Again, a VERY respectable statement and view, in my opinion! While I know you differ in belief, it reminds me of what Ray Franz said about deciding to keep silent where the scriptures do, or where he doesn't understand the meaning. I think the term he used was "a reverent agnosticism." I know that's a bit different from you, but I respect someone SO much more when they can say "I don't know" than claiming to know something that isn't definite."

But CA, you are making a pretty big assumption by thinking that Leo is referring to being agnostic of YHWH, vs some unknown impersonal deity. She can speak for herself when she returns, but I dare say you are reading an interpretation into her statement that was not her intent.

While I self-describe as an atheist, that applies to the God as depicted in the Bible; when it comes to a deistic impersonal power, I have no choice but to remain agnostic. Leo and I CAN prove that the Abrahamic YHWH character IS inconsistent in traits as depicted in the Bible, and she can explain the likely cultural roots of the character; hence it is illogical to believe in YHWH as "real" when His story lies solidly with the domain of mythology.

On the topic of 'unknown unknowns', as a teen who spent too much time pondering philosophical and religious topics I came up with a saying that still holds true:

"Just like a dog riding in back of a pick-up truck lacks the capability to understand the workings of the internal combustion engine which carries him, it would be hubristic for man to think there aren't some concepts that are so far outside of our capabilities of perception and comprehension, yet are such a basic element of our existence, such that we'd never be able to understand them."

HOWEVER, our inability to understand certain unknowns does NOT give us carte blanche permission to sweep them under a rug, ascribing the solution to unknown dieties, AKA "Gods of the gaps". That's foolish, as much phenomena that was ascribed to Gods in the past is now well-understood, and even considered mundane knowledge (eg earthquakes, lightning, healing, etc). It's no excuse to quit expanding knowledge, and that's the concern: fear of entering "God's Domain" to learn 'His' secrets (or steal His fruit) has retarded human progress, which is ironic for those of us who understand there is no "there there".

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

^false prophet

• Elephant
    Elephant

christalone-

This comment almost doesn't merit any response. We were talking about the claim that Hislop made that Egypt developed its religion based off of the beliefs held by people in Mesopotamia. When shown to be false Elephant tries to defend Rutherford because Rutherford is associated with his religion. No admission that Rutherford and Hislop were absolutely 100% wrong. No, he just comes back with "why is it hard to assume". Because, Elephant, we are not assuming anything. We are examining what was written and showing that it was 100% false.

-

...Christalone...come on, you can't state that Hislop erroneously claimed that Egypt developed its religion based off beliefs from Mesopotamia, then use words like 'derivatives' to explain that it did, BUT THEN say again that Hislop is 100%, not 50 or 75%, wrong??!!... so which is it??...will you ALSO state that religious concepts and ideas didn't have a point of origin, wherefrom all other religious concepts evolved from?...step back and look at the BIG picture my friend...

Elephant, do yourself a favor and instead of defending the Watchtower (and the obvious quackery of Rutherford), try and do your own research OUTSIDE of the Watchtower so you can join in on an intelligent conversation with the big kids.

...yes, I have heard this now 5 or 6 times, 'go do your own research'...welcome to the REAL world christalone, not EVERYONE will blindly agree with your 'big kid' interpretations...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I think the WT is evil.... this thread is proof of that... just see how many people are messed up by it.

• frankiespeakin
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, goody...

Another thread by EOM about 'demunzzzzz'.... evil smile

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumping for reasearch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit