Was the Watchtower Right?

by Christ Alone 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I like some "illustrations" about the trinity like the time and it's three forms: past, present and future.

All of them are distinct but all of them are time.

You cannot talk about past, present or future without talk about time.

Also you cannot talk about holy spirit, jesus and the father without talk about dog, ops, god.

The main issue about jesus saying the father was greater it's a fail, 'cause the jesus was a diminished form of the trinity son. Jesus it's like an avatar of the son while on earth so he could talk about the father being greater than him.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Not speaking about the WT double standard about the pagan origins...

In deluge stuff all the common pagan myths are a good point to show that it must be true.

In trinity stuff the same thing are a reason to accept the devil control over the mankind.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Yes - when you die, that's it for you.

However, this is my personal opinion, and there is no way to validate this, as hypothetically speaking, it is possible for something to exist outside the universe undetectable to us without our knowledge. Our only method of inquiry is through our natural world, through our mind.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They got hell right from square one...and, although it was flawed, I wouldn't bother arguing against their pre-1954 Christology.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Yes Hell, and by logical deduction, the immortality of the soul. Political neutrality (the theory not the practice) and abstinence from armed conflict, which although scripturally correct it is quite impractical when faced with real live evil. The Trinity is somewhat irrelevant, as it has little bearing on the true “nature” of God, but I think on balance they are right on this. Most of the rest (the cross, images, Christmas, Easter, birthdays, saluting the flag etc, etc) are also essentially irrelevant, what does any of it really matter? What really matters is the mandate that demands the surrender of one’s conscience to a body of men in Brooklyn, and that outweighs everything else.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes Rutherford was right when he coined the phrase: "Religion is a snare and a rackets" but he forgot to take it to its logical conclusion: namely that JW is a religion and therefore applicable to them. But his delusional mind won't allow him to call JW a religion.

• cofty
    cofty

Leolaia, that's a good point about the distinction between the deity of Jesus and the Trinity. I wrote an article showing the deity of Jesus from the NT (NWT). If I can find it I might post it.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Christ Alone I do believe that the WTS got 3 things correct and personally I think they are important doctrines. Their rejection of hell fire. Their teaching on soul sleep and the soul not being immortal. Their rejection of the trinity. There are other teachings that could be mentioned, but these 3 set them apart from many other Christian denominations. None of these doctrines where at all new when Russell came on the scene, but he chose to accept them as biblical truth.

FWFranz

• Sulla
    Sulla

Probably the only thing worth keeping from the JW approach is the emphasis on the physicality of the resurrection. Lots of otherwise orthodox Christians think they believe in something like the immortality of the soul, when what they believe in is the resurrection of the body. Of course, the resurrection of the body is based on the belief that Jesus was raised, which is something that JWs reject. But I'm grasping at straws.

• Elephant
    Elephant

The trinity doctrine it's not what the WT says.

-john_mann

john, what is the correct trinity teaching? it's an interesting subject to me, just curious to see your viewpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit