Neurosurgeon Has Near Death Experience

by metatron 78 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Interesting stuff:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10/07/proof-of-heaven-a-doctor-s-experience-with-the-afterlife.html

I've had long, personal conversations with two people who've had these experiences. One of them agreed with the description that it was "more real than real" - not dreamlike, as I might have thought.

metatron

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Interesting article. I think the word "proof" is used too liberaly here, someone relating their experience is certainly not proof.

Did you ever see the movie Flatliners? The movie is about a group of med studends that kill themselves for several minutes and then recessitate themselves, and their experiences while in that state. It's a very interesting movie, this just reminded me of it.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Wow. It's actually scary in a way.

• Glander
    Glander

stand-up comics are very familiar with this experience.

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

Things like this always crack me up! If you've ever had a lucid dream then you know what "more real than real" can mean. Seeing as how I've done this many times (and without being near death as far as I could tell) I know what effect it might have on a person. Whenever it happens to me, I wake up estatic! and the "high" lasts all day and moreover becomes a part of me as a person.

Yeah. It's amazing. Hands down.

No. I don't think it has anything to do with "Heaven". Just another "God of the gaps" case of something cool and new happening, and people cramming it into they're preconceived notions.

• zeb
    zeb

I narly died due to my heart. Nothing like was described but an immense sense of safety, peace, no pain, no fear but release.

I was utterly comfortable but lying on the concrete.

Anyone here ever had morphine? or pethidine? Its nothing compared.

The only 'odd' thing to tell was the paramedics voices sounded as if far far away and i recall being so annoyed when they brought me back.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Interesting read . . . thanks for posting.

My father was a skeptic. He was comatose for a week in 1978 and eventually died in 1984. Only recently my mother told me about how he had experienced "astral travel" while he was in a coma and told me the details. She was the only one he ever told because he was too embarrassed to relate it. When she told me I thought it was her who was "losing it" . . . I just couldn't imagine my father saying such a thing.

Food for thought.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I have sleep paralysis, and I could describe what happens as more real than real during those times. Then I wake up.

My mother had an 'out of body' experience when she gave birth the second time. She floated above and looked down on her body. Her heart never stopped, so I would strongly weight this toward hallucination than real experience. She did 'see' things from her vantage point, but nothing that couldn't be quickly deduced later.

Lot's of interesting things go on in the brain when oxygen is cut off, blood pressure drops, etc.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Seems like his pineal gland had been stimulated. Many have experienced this, especially the "presence" of a guide who walks you through the process.

• still thinking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit