Ladies: A Purse Question

by Lady Lee 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok got my bags

My favorite

The first I made -- made lots of mistakes on but at least I learned a few things

2nd bag

inside with partitions

3 pockets

2nd bag - still learing but it has one pocket and a roll up organizers with several pockets in it of varying size depending on what you store in your bag.

a few problems

And what I will be making - you can see the linings that I will be using with each of them

placemant purses

I'm really looking forward to trying these. They should all be waterproof or at least resistent

• Deceived
    Deceived

I love purses, but now I am like Lady Lee and need one that has a strap long enough to sling across my body snd rest on my left hip so I am hands free. I too use a electric wheelchair when I am out. My purses are best medium size with inside and outside pockets.

I like black or dark brown soft leather slouchy purses with sone design or bling on them lol. I bought one that was more rigid a couple months ago with silver studs on it, a chain strap and lots of pockets and organizer sleeves inside. It is gorgeous but too heavy. I need to sell it on Kijiji I think lol.
    I also have a thing for leopard fabric or accents. I have about a dozen purses right now, I love purses so found this thread extremely interesting.

Lady Lee.....a friend of mine makes purses out of blue jeans she gets at the thrift shop. They are really really nice. She adds pockets on the outside and lined the one she made for me in leopard fabric cause she knows I like that a lot. I need to find it so I can show you as I think since you make purses you might like to do one up.
    Hugs Psuls

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Those look really nice, Lady Lee!

I like the brown one at the top; it's not unlike one I have, which was the one I always took to the KH and out on the ministry, so I've kind of gone off it since February and it's been languishing in a corner. But it is a good bag, and one day I may resurrect it, and it's not the bag's fault I used it in a horrible environment!

All the others you show are nice, though the second one doesn't show up, the photo won't load for some reason. My favourite of all the others is the green one with the little pattern on the outside.

All very wantable!

PS I forgot to say that my favourite bag, the one I described to you and which I take everywhere just now, is very soft with a lovely feel. Although it is not leather, you would actually never know. It was expensive, a real indulgence. I just fell in love with it in the shop and the love affair continues!

have you noticed how most of your respondents express real love for their bags ( purses)?

• mind blown
    mind blown

• color: (Black) but if there's a color I can't resist I'll purchase
    • size: (Med) not too small, not too large
    • interior or exterior pockets: (Both) cell phone, parking ticket validation, lip stick, Metro card when in NY.
    • zippered top: (Top) safety
    • long straps or short: (Med)
    • material it is made from? leather; real or fake, material: (Leather) again, if there's a material I can't resist
    • slouchy or sits straight: (Slouchy)

I just bought this one in Black @ Marshalls, haven't purchased one this big in a long while....and I love it! (photo from Ebay, not mine, I love the color of this one)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I adore what we call handbags and you over the pond call purses! I probably buy 2 a year. I like pockets and zippers and long handles for over the shoulder or across the body. My current bag is a Next one made of tapestry, bright and different. I think the one Panhandle Girl fancies for Autumn is fabulous. Leather is good, nice soft leather preferably. My current fancy has 4 different colour soft leathers. I also adore purses, which you call wallets? but I bought one in Spain which I can't improve on so far. It's handmade patterned leather, just the right size with lots of slots for cards etc. We girls are easily pleased eh?

Loz x

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I use two depending on where I am going and what I am doing but when I am home they hang on the back of the dining room chair.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

cool I love the pictures you are posting. Gives me ideas for more bags

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In 1996 I saw a purse in a department store that I loved. It was like $350. I was struggling for every dollar I had and I just had to eye it enviously and move on. I never forgot it and thought, one day, I'm gonna get a purse just like that one if I ever see one like it. I've never gotten anything I really liked since. In college I used backpacks. After college, I just use well-made bags that my boyfriend gave me (that he got for free from doing business). My mom gave me a cute little purse once but the inside got ruined when ink leaked from a pen. I have a stack of old bags and purses in the closet, sometimes I change them around, but so far I really haven't had anything that is really "me", but I don't care really....I guess I go more for functionality than style.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I've gone through many styles depending on where I'm at in life. I used to carry a huge bag, with lots of pockets (and room to carry a mickey of whiskey on occasion!) Ah...back in the day.

anyway, as I grew older and more mature, I downsized. I though it would be really hard to go into a really small purse, but it was actually a good thing to limit the stuff I used to carry around with me.

I always went with black leather until about a year ago when I found a unique dark green (teal) leather bag at Winners. I love it and get lots of compliments. It doesn't have quite as many compartments as I would like, though. Ironically it matches a leather coat I bought years ago at value village. I love buying unique things at second-hand stores!

I've tried sewing backpacks and custom totes, but not smaller purses. The ones you are making look great, LL. I love the contrast linings. I made totes with a vinyl pocket on the outside where I could insert pictures - I could customize the look of the bag and display a favourite pic. I experimented with different fabrics - leather, vinyl, canvas, cloth. I found they were a lot of work, though, so I finally abandoned the project. I've had my eye on a beaded knit purse I'd like to try making, though.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lovely home Amelia, I could curl up on that sofa with that tv!

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit