What makes a perfect purse for you?

• color?
    • size?
    • interior or exterior pockets?
    • zippered top or sections?
    • long straps or short?
    • material it is made from? leather; real or fake, material
    • slouchy or sits straight

What made your favorite purse of all time your favorite?

And well what do you hate about many of the purses you have owned in the past?

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

The bigger the purse the more disorganized I become. I like my purses small to medium. Shoulder strap for everyday, clutch for dressy. I try not to accumulate to many. I like having a few color choices and other times I prefer neutral shades. Gotta have a conveinant phone pocket and a conveinant way to pull out your cash card for purchases.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

I usually look for something that is the right size for sneaking candy/snacks into a movie theater, yet not big enough to arouse suspicion.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I like a shoulder purse to keep my hands free because I have lots to carry to work. After the 2003 blackout my company made us 'mobile' so we could do our support jobs from anywhere in the world. I have to carry a laptop, purse, backpack and anything else needed for work so I like my purse out of my hands.

So I go for long straps that can be adjusted if possible , not too big, not too small... has to be able to hold my essential stuff. I tend to go for black leather with a flap that fastens so it is difficult to pick pocket. I do like to have sections to organize my 'stuff' a bit and at least 1 of 2 of them zippered.

While I have loved some of my daintier purses in the past for looks, they were not durable enough for me. I tend to abuse mine somewhat... throwing them in the car, on the floor. The white purses I own get dirty and it's difficult to keep them clean so I have tended to just stay with black.

I do have one purse made out of old jeans I love... but it is developing holes so I am going to have to patch it. I use this purse when I go roughing it like camping or hiking/backpacking.

I recently bought a black leather, small backpack type purse but haven't used it yet.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I usually look for something that is the right size for sneaking candy/snacks into a movie theater, yet not big enough to arouse suspicion.

LOL! I usually take a jacket with big pockets for this very reason.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I bought a beautiful little vintage gucci handbag (as we call it in UK) off ebay. Hand held, beige croc leather. Brass trimmings and logo. Really classy and a ridiculous rock bottom price. I just adore it.

What about you Lady Lee?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My current bag (purse over there in the US) is black, soft, leather-feel and good quality but not leather, with a white logo unobtrusive and low down on one side, and a great unobtrusive and subdued but robust black and white stripey natural-feel fabric lining. It may have been intended for teenagers...and my grandaughter says it is very cool... but it is just right for me. It wasn't cheap! It is big, but not too big, and has just one good side pocket, and depth. Not too wide at the top, really comfortable, and it takes all the basic things I need, plus room for small purchases, diary, mobile phone (if the trousers I'm wearing that day don't have good enough pockets...some do) purse (that's the real purse, the little receptacle that holds cash and notes and credit/debit cards, postage stamps and lots and lots of bits and pieces. That. for your info, is leather, red and green and the absolute best I've ever had, loads of compartments and zips. It was a present from one of my daughters.)

My bag (purse to you) needs to be able to hold a paperback book for those moments when I'm waiting around, an apple to ward off starvation and maybe a bottle of water. I'm really fond of this bag I have now. Did I mention the comfy handles?

BTW, what do you call the small money-holding receptacle we call a purse?

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Taking notes...........

• blondie
    blondie

• color? Black: goes with almost everything and doesn't get dirty
    • size? medium small, shoulder straps aren't good with 30 pounds
    • interior or exterior pockets? Both, exterior for notes and a pen
    • zippered top or sections? zippered to be safer
    • long straps or short? medium long, past the armpit but not to the waist
    • material it is made from? leather; real or fake, material: fake leather but sturdy
    • slouchy or sits straight: sits straight
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LADY LEE:

It is always best the bag be leather because there was a news show that revealed synthetic bags have a high lead content. I don't like fabric because if you get caught in the rain your phone can get ruined.

The size should be somewhat proportionate to your body size. Not too big. So, check yourself out in a full-length mirror.

For me, I like a long cross-body strap, detachable or not, because if you are in a city environment your hands can be free and there's less chance of a grab. It is best there be a zipper top and some interior pocket.

It is a matter of taste if you like logos or hardware.

The bag should be multi-season so the color or design should be in a color scheme flattering to either your coloring or basic outfits, etc. (Of course, it helps to have more than one to change off so you don't total it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit