Ladies: A Purse Question

by Lady Lee 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Usually black, hard-wearing, versatile, goes with almost anything (I don't like switching them according to outfit), can carry a lot in a small space. Kipling.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

I admit to being a purse killer. Does not seem to matter what it's made of, I will destroy it in less than a year. I prefer black with lots of zippered top sections. Must have interior pockets as well for bank book, extra keys etc. I have to restrict the size to medium or I put so much in it that it's like toting a cement block around. It must have an adjustable shoulder strap. I do not enjoy purse/bag shopping because it takes a long time to get just the right one. Last purse I got for spring/summer/fall is a beige canvas sort of thing and has actually held up fairly well. Mind you, it's only 6 months old, I'm sure it will be dead by X-mas. lol -Leslie

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

perfect purse: is a Baggallini.

It comes in many different colors. (right now I use a black one..goes with everything)

the straps are adjustable so you can wear it across your chest or over the shoulder.

strong, high quality zippers.

The pefect size... I can fit almost anything in that thing, a big brush, a can of coke, and a small paperback book...whatever...and yet it is SMALL.

perfect number of and size of zippered pockets to organize things.

made out of some kind of awesome indistructable fabric that looks great, clean, and modern.

It says not to wash it, but I washed my really old one and it looks great.

And the best part: the strap is detatchable. Why is this so great? because I can detatch the strap and put the purse around my waist and re-attatch the strap, thereby carrying the purse around the my waist instead of on my shoulder. When you have a bad neck, this is a life-saver. I always do this when I am walking any kind of distance while carrying my purse. It is very hard to find a nice looking purse that has a detatchable strap so you can do this!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

nut-eeeee purse killer

sorry could not help myself but that really had me burst out in laughter.

Like many of you I hate changing purses. One of the reasons I am making the removablke purse organizers is so that I can just likt if out when I need to scrounge around in the bottom og the bag.. Because I am sitting it can't be too big but even though I have bags on the back of my chair I still want everything I might need very handy.

I'll tell you a secret. I get many of my bags from Value Village. I have been checking out the construction of a variety bags just so I have an idea how they are made and how pieces fit together.

I have considered knitting or crocheting a bag and adding a cloth lining inside to help keep the shape.

One other thing about the bags I am making - recycled materials. I pick up the material from remnants at Value Village or a used items store near me. This one I am making has a plastic insert in the bottom to keep it stiff - made from the plastic cover of a binder and cut to size. I also have a ton of zippers I can use also found at Value Village.

The next set of bags I will make will be from placemats. I found some really cool patterns on the internet and then I was in a dollar store and found these beautiful placements. It should be interesting to see how they turn out.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Has to be a Brighton bag. They are well arranged, big in my case to a fault and goes with anything.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Lisa that looks really easy to make. In fact I think I havse a pattern for somethign very similar

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Bwahaha, so glad it made you laugh. It's sad, true & funny all rolled into one. Leslie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm so unstylish. I usually just use (well made) canvas totes, and they last forever. Earlier this year I bought a clutch evening bag at almost the last minute....I was in between getting my hair done and my makeup done and I saw one I wanted so I quickly bought it and I was so glad I did because the "el cheapo" one I already had would have sucked.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I had a tan leather shopping bag style purse that Just Ron bought me for Christmas one year. It had only one little zipper pocket inside, the leather was soft, not stiff, but it wasn't so soft that the bag would collapse. It lasted for years, I loved that bag and I've never been able to find another like it.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Any kind of satchel style. Wider than it is tall, that makes it easier for me to find things. I change purses with the seasons, but like to keep the same basic style.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit