• irondork
    irondork

tag

• carla
    carla

marking

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Leolaia, I'm interested that you've used the word "parable" several times above, and I also noticed yesterday or the day before than another poster, I forget who, also used this term.

Right in the very early stages of my attending the Kingdom Hall and beginning to study with the JW's, I was asked if I knew about the faithful and discreet slave. At that time I hadn't, and said so. It was then explained to me from the relevant verses. I immediately demurred and said "oh, that's the parable of the faithful steward".

"No", I was told firmly, "it is not a parable. It's a prophecy." The whole teaching was then explained to me and reinforced over and over during the following months until I, extraordinary as it seems, took it for granted. It was always treated as a prophecy.

I'd be very interested if you could expland on this, and how it is that you call it a parable, which is what I argued fairly strongly in those early weeks that it was.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The only people that see this as prophecy Chariklo are the JW's. The whole context is obviously parable, and that is how everyone esle sees it.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Leolala

If this change in doctrine/understanding is in fact true, it will require a lot of explaining, as it raises many questions and presents several obvious contradictions. I could comment on those that come to mind immediately, but that would be a rather lengthy post. Instead I will share some "insider" information that may have contributed to this change, if indeed these rumours are true. I have to be very careful about how many beans I spill as that might quickly reveal my own idenitiy which is not desired at this time. I have been in contact with an elderly anointed brother over the last few years. He is personally responsible for a lot of research that the Society uses. I can't say much more about him as that would reveal his identity. Anyway, a few years ago he was researching the supposed identity of the FDS through out history. We had a few discussions on this subject. His extensive research came up pretty much empty handed. With the criteria given him by the WTS as to what constituted genuine anointed Christians, mostly being what they believed doctrinally, he could find almost no one in recorded history who fit the criteria. Of course there where some who denied the trinity but maybe believed that the soul was immortal, or other similar situations. None could be found that embraced the beliefs necessary to consider them sufficiently enlightened by the holy spirit to be considered genuine anointed ones, according to the WTS. There may have been other brothers who where assigned this particular research project as well. I am assuming that they also came up short of identifiable believers that shared the list of WT doctrines that would clearly identify them as part of the FDS. So, maybe this is one of the reasons for a doctrinal change today at Bethel. I can't say for certain, but this may have contributed to this "new light".

Any thoughts on this line of reasoning?

FWFranz

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Brilliant find in the WT library., Leolaia.

I looked it up on the CD. "ka" is "God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years has Approached." The quote is right there.

Clear as mud-this whole thing....

• designs
    designs

moggy- Nice conclusion. The Wt. leadership really does promote the subjugation of women within its ranks. A 'sister' being voted to the GB is now off their agenda for several decades.

• Splash
    Splash

It's also a good opportunity to drop the non-scriptural label "Governing Body".

Just use Faithful Slave now.

Splash.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome reasoning. So......has the drinking and the beating of the other slaves begun yet? IF Nu-lite is true, and after reading your breakdown, this has got to be the dumbest nu-lite yet. So Fred franz, one of the true FDS, according to the WT, did not even know their real identity even though chosen by the Master to give the household the right food at the right time? It still doesn't erase all the bone-headed ideas and debacles that occured post CTR. Nothing has really changed, except they have essentially delayed the starting point of choosing the slave. If the R&F swallow THAT, then future spin in order to further delay the " end " will be swallowed as well. Am I on the same page here? What I see is an official delaying tactic, because we know they have been doing this for years anyway. Also, the R&F will further esteem the SLAVE, and if you disagree with the FDS, perhaps on the belief that you are also one of Christ's brothers, you carry no weight at all since you are not part of the FDS. This secures thier power over the rank and file. It also will make it very easy to DF any who disagree, even if they are known partakers. After a few years of nu-lite, the R&F will believe that those who are Df'd are the evil slave ( because that was delayed too ) and the FDS has saved them by keeping the Congregation clean..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit