The Society debunked the rumored new light on the F&DS in 1973

by Leolaia 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Really interesting discussion. It will be interesting to see what step the GB takes next. At the next annual meeting, only a few months will be remaining before 2014. ;)

• clarity
    clarity

Brilliant responses to this new "lite"...thanks for your brain power!

>

One little bit of it keeps playing on my mind and it is this...>

• "The Faithful and Discreet Slave is a small group of anointed brothers during Jesus’ presence serving at Watchtower Headquarters who are directly involved in the preparing and dispensing of spiritual food. The individual members of the Governing Body are not the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They only act as the Faithful and Discreet Slave when they are working as a collective body in making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food."
  • So the group of 144000 FDS has now dwindled down to a few 'brothers'
  • at the WT main office Headquarters... where we find these few men

popping in and out of the FDS disguise and then removing that mask only

to appear as the Gb once again ...at will ... when it is prudent to do so!

Sounds like quite a masquerade party will be going on at HQ!!!!!

So not only have they said "we don't know who or where the 144000 are,..

we don't need to know!" ... now the Gb can be incognito as well!!!!!!

There is way more to this story than meets the eye, that's for sure!

clarity

• JWB
    JWB

Chariklo asked why some have referred to the 'faithful and discreet slave' story as a 'parable' - or as the NWT renders it: 'illustration'. Some JWs argue that the story is prophetic because it follows prophetic statements in Matthew 24 about the Coming of the Son of Man.

However, the story is not unique to this discourse of Jesus since you will find it given in a completely different setting at Luke 12:42-48. In that account Jesus has been speaking to a large crowd of people and just beforehand Peter has asked if the parable Jesus had just told referred to just his disciples or to all present. Instead of answering directly, Jesus tells the story of the faithful steward which, of course, parallels the story of the faithful and discreet slave at Matthew 24:45-47. Would it be likely that Jesus was uttering a prophecy or a parable at Luke 12:42-48? To me the most likely answer is that he spoke another illustration. Since Matthew 24:45-47 is the same story I would say it also is a parable. As to exactly whom the illustration applied, that is an entirely different subject for interpretation.

My view is that Matthew 24:45-47 is pointed to by the WTS in preference to Luke 12:42-48 because of its proximity to Jesus' end of the age prophecies.

• smiddy
    smiddy

From what I have read on this thread so far, is that the WTB&TS needs to give full credit to this site, for the new lite that is bound to come eventually. Kudos to you all.

smiddy

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

marked bttt

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

David H. Splane: The “Slave” Is Not 1900 Years Old (Matt. 24:45)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OliwCd4rRbE

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit