Questions on new understanding (FDS - GB)

by Weana 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

(Matthew 24:46, 47) "Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

Does this now mean that only the GB (newly identified F&DS) will be 'Happy' when the 'Master arrives', and only they will be 'appointed over all his belongings'?

What about the rest of the anointed, what do they get now, according to this teaching?

Splash

• metatron
    metatron

Whatever, dudes...

Ein Volk, Ein Reich Ein Governing Body.

What else is new?

metatron

• elderelite
    elderelite

And how convient! They as individuals are not the faithfull slave, only when they meet together.... Theological construct still. Bastards

• Splash
    Splash

I'll ask once more, because I really would like some opinions on this please:

(Matthew 24:46, 47) "Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

Does this now mean that only the GB (newly identified F&DS) will be 'Happy' when the 'Master arrives', and only they will be 'appointed over all his belongings'?

What about the rest of the anointed, what do they get now, according to this teaching?

Splash

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yet another change in WT doctrine that my semi active wife won't be aware of, let alone understand

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Splash ... my opinion

According to the above notes from the meeting, it seems there would be a dilemna, the FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE will be appointed over all his belongings in heaven and on earth ... which to me would mean, the reward goes to ALL 144,000 because the few in the Governing Body were found to be faithful and discreet upon the master's return ... yet it seems to leave a conundrum ... it will be interesting to see how exactly they attempt to make every part of it, past, present, and future, to have coherence.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

this does not mean the individual members of the GB are the FDS. They only act as the FDS when they are working as a collective body and making decisions regarding the dispensing of spiritual food.

So Lets say that someone is a professor. But we cannot address him as 'Professor'-he is NOT a professor-unless he is teaching his class...

Yet another new light spim by the GB FDS GB FDS GB FDS GB FDS GB FDS GB FDS GB FDS.

Because

Spiritual Masturbation has reached the Limits.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

So if I understand this right the fds wasn't in existence until 1919? So they mean to tell us that the entire Greek scriptures written by the apostles and others really didn't come from the "fds" as a group because the group didn't exist yet?

Lies upon lie upon lies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    simon17 - "If there's one thing they should do with that mess, it's to let sleeping dogs lie..."

Sure, they should; not sure they can, though.

First and foremost, the WTS is an apocalyptic millennialist group - has been since its inception - and there are no indications whatsoever that that's changing, so virtually all its theology is either directly or indirectly End-Times-centric.

Unlike some other Armageddon scenarios (UFO cults, for example), WT eschatology has had to be pretty compelling to hold its adherents' interest but still feel familiar to new recruits who may have defected from other conservative churches. In addition, it's been specifically reamed through with scriptural references to give it a sense of authenticity.

However, Revelation's a pretty hefty read. When you're creating an End-Times narrative from it, vague generalities won't cut the mustard, but you can't let it get too weird-ass either; you want it to look at least plausible, and like I said, back when Fred Franz scripted it, a lot of it seemed very much so.

Not so much these days, though.

Unfortunately for the WTS, Fred never left any kind of protege or successor that might be able to reinterpret Revelation for the 21st Century, so they're stuck with his script; the Revelation Climax book was studied as recently as '06, so it's pretty clear that that interpretation is still WT canon.

Because they are - first and foremost - an apocalyptic millennialist group, they can't really let sleeping dogs lie. They have to keep up with the official party line.

• Splash
    Splash

Thanks for your comment Wannabefree,

According to the above notes from the meeting, it seems there would be a dilemma, the FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE will be appointed over all his belongings in heaven and on earth ... which to me would mean, the reward goes to ALL 144,000 because the few in the Governing Body were found to be faithful and discreet upon the master's return

Although this is not really what they are saying, if I understand them correctly.

The F&DS will be appointed over all Christs belongings, but the F&DS are NOT the 144,000, the F&DS are only those teachers in Brooklyn - the GB.

This being the case, how could appointing the F&DS over the belongings also mean including the rest of the 144,000? Doesn't seem to fit.

Splash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit