Questions on new understanding (FDS - GB)

by Weana 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This is really giving me a headache. My wife nods and says "... I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me."

THAT MEANS it didn't make sense for the first 100+ years!

What about the Christian Congregation that Jesus is the head of?

*** w77 1/1 p. 15 par. 17 Serving with the Faithful “Slave” *** As always, Christ Jesus continued to be recognized as Head over the “slave” class, his congregation here on earth. (Eph. 1:22; 5:23)

That means ...

• Governing Body = Slave
    • Slave = Congregation
    • Governing Body = Congregation
    • Jesus = Head over Governing Body
  • simon17
    simon17

This is really giving me a headache. My wife nods and says "... I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me." THAT MEANS it didn't make sense for the first 100+ years!

Exactly. Ask her if she personally believed the Slave was wrong about its own identity yesterday...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

(insert scream)

CULT!

This isn't new light!

This has been a calculated transition for years.

The flock has been conditioned to accept this change, it has been done with deliberation.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Quendi - Reading it makes me all the happier that I got the hell out of this execrable organization and has strengthened my resolve to never, ever set foot inside a meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses again for any reason whatsoever!

Ditto.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Can't remember who posted that yesterday. The comparison to a Con is very fitting. They progressively lure you in and BAM.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Exactly Wannabe, and as we looking in from the outside can perceive the cool, calculated and cynical way this has been done, we can also see that it truthfully is a Cult that is perpetuated by individuals motivated by the desire to continue their privileged lifestyle.

I do not see this as coming from the G.B alone, no, the faceless pupetteers behind them who really pull the strings have brought this about as part of their programme no doubt bearing the Title "Tighter Control".

They control the G.B and through the G.B the 7million, and therefore they control the $$$.

It is a one-time Publishing House, now Real Estate empire, posing as a religion.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lest we forget there is no slave "class" anymore. They are THE faithful and discrete slave. Not class. Just THE faithful and discrete slave.

• elderelite
    elderelite

It is animal farm. The words on the wall slowly being changed and crossed out to make new meanings... All animals are equal. Just some are more equal than others.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Lest we forget there is no slave "class" anymore

Yet in paragraph 10 of today's study article it says "For decades the faithful slave class has warned us about such sites."

Surely they knew they were going to make this change when they wrote the article. the other four references in the article however miss off "class".

George

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Yes elderelite, the terms are now OFFICIALLY interchangeable. It is now appropriate for Jehovah's Witnesses to insert in brackets [Governing Body] in any publication that uses or has used the term Faithful and Discreet Slave or Faithful and Discreet Slave class ... including the Bible.

(Matthew 24:45-47) 45 "Who really is the [Governing Body] whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that [Body] if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

What about the term "Governing Body" not being in the Bible?

Now a JW can say ... "Yes it is, Matthew 24:45 talks about the Governing Body"

Ahh, no, that says faithful and discreet slave ....

JW: "It's the same thing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit