What Made You Question "The Truth"?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey pontoon!

Maybe this article?

*** w96 4/1 p. 12 Praise the King of Eternity! ***
    The wisdom of the King of eternity is reflected in so many ways in his productions on earth. Note the words of Agur: “Every saying of God is refined. He is a shield to those taking refuge in him.” (Proverbs 30:5) Then Agur refers to many of the living creations of God, the large and the small. For example, in verses 24 to 28, he describes “four things that are the smallest of the earth, but they are instinctively wise.” These are the ant, the rock badger, the locust, and the gecko.

• mP
    mP

Personally i couldnt accept why god condemns mankind for the mistakes of adam/eve. It doesnt sound very fair to say everyone gets old and sick becase of some perceived crime of Adam. We dont condemn children of criminals for the crimes of their parents why should god ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There are many goofy things that made me question ‘The Truth’. For example, its’ OK to have a piñata but not OK to toast. Both have pagan origins. Something sounded fishy! A number of other beliefs and doctrines turned out to be goofy too.

The rest is history.

• trujw
    trujw

Many many things but when I worked for an elder who I found out was embezzling money from our employer and come to find out for years even before he was apointed an elder I smelled bull shit. I was 21 years old. Rick if your out there thanks for being an A-hole thief. Saved me from a life of slavery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit