What Made You Question "The Truth"?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Primarily that the organization has policies in place that potentially allows pedophiles free to rape again. Prior to that I started to feel that the entire elder arrangement was a sham and that the position as elder was gained basically by who liked you the best and who's ass you rimmed. Such bull-f*c*ing-shit!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Satanus...Your wrong there are snakes in Montreal...I used to go out in service with them
    What made me doubt the "truth" ??When they told me I HAD to believe Jesus came invisably
    in 1914.... I told the Circuit Servant."If I told you I have a bird on my shoulder but YOU
    cant see it You would think I am nuts. " He said" If Jehovah said it I MUST believe it "
    Then the three elders turned up & questioned me...( at my home) I said "NO I dont
    believe it" I was DF two weeks later. NOW I am glad...Instead of knocking on doors
    telling lies... I speak the truth....When they knock on mine ....

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I have a vivid memory of watching the news on TV (black and white) and asking why if we were so loving and caring why won’t aren’t we like the red cross they helped people.

Now years later I can’t remember the answer but the logic still sticks with me. I was comparing the rhetoric to the deeds. Was the beginning of the end for me? Maybe or an awareness that something was wrong and starting to question. I must have been 7-8 years at the time.

• minimus
    minimus

A French bird, huh, Satanus?

• andys
    andys

I moved to Montana to start all over again at the time I was living with my paernts they were helping me get back on my feet about 3 months after getting reinstated I started to go into a freefall as far as meetings, service, then one day my dad told me that he was going to force me to go to the kingdom hall, that was the first time I started to question things, I realize now that was a blessing in disquise, a few months after my dad telling me that he was going to force me to go to the kingdom hall I moved out of their house and started to do research on the borg and thats where my whole deck of cards fell and now am more happier then ever and want to focus on helping other people out of the borg.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Those frenchies are demomised, i tell ya.

Mouthy

I understand. Guess you weren't into bird watching.

S

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I began to notice the legalism and the corporate mentality. The blood thing has never made sense to me. If God doesn't want you to take blood ( if you believe that is a bible teaching) then don't take ANY BLOOD OR PRODUCTS MADE FROM BLOOD! The fraction teaching is extremely ridiculous. Don't tell your people they must die rather than take blood, but then say fractions are okay. Don't take it further by saying what fractions are ok, or not, especially when the scriptures make no comment on the subject at all. I remember asking an Elder about the fractions policy years ago. I was probably waking up then, i just did not know it. Anyway, I asked " Why are we to believe that the componentS of blood are still blood? Water is H2O, but when you remove any one component it is no longer water?". He said something to the effect of trusting the organization. I am sure there were other things, like no one except those related to Elders being appointed for over a decade. Being told that the Watchtower is the equivalent of Jehovah's words being read from stage. Being told you cannot be exemplary if you don't get a certain amount of hours in service. Then being told that if you have special circumstances ( like already being appointed and related to someone ) then you ARE still exemplary. Yeah, stuff like that......

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Science & Biology class.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

It was a gradual process that I think began with my Super-Bethelite brother who had ascended to the position of Head of Home Cleaning at Watchtower Farm. He took us through a non-public door into a lounge area and I saw a sister diligently going from light fixture to light fixture washing the light bulbs, drying them, and reinstalling them.

I looked at my brother, incredulity apparent on my face, and asked, "You wash your light bulbs?" He actually looked a little embarrassed but said, "The dust limits the light output."

This event occurred at a time when we were being admonished to use the Bethel home as a model for our own cleanliness.

I had a full-time job with a long commute, was expected (as an elder's wife) to put in field service time greater than the congregation average (which was 14 hours a month - bunch of overachievers), be hospitable on a regular basis, prepare for and attend all the meetings, participate in evening witnessing on Wednesdays, and keep my home spotless.

And wash my light bulbs???? These people are out of touch. Talk about your ivory tower mentality!

Mind you, I didn't leave for another 16 years, but I think that started the ball rolling.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

When I was reinstated I realized that I was still the same person I had been all along. What gave those 6 men the power to condemn me to the hell they had put me through, and then to decide I was suddenly good enough to associate with again?

Within a year or so I had pretty much stopped going to all meetings. When my family tried to force my children back to the religion, it was the final wake up call, but it wasn't until I was completely out that I began to see the light about the majority of the beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit