There Are Many New Ones Here. Has JWN Helped You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

This site really helped me to understand:

1. I am not crazy. What I was feeling while I was “in”: disenchanted, tired, depressed, confused, conflicted, frustrated….was typical of so many people.

2. I am not alone. OH WOW! I cannot tell you all how many tears I cried when I finally found a community to which I could relate. It led me to read many things that helped to open my eyes and confirm some of the things that I suspected about the way the org operated.

3. That I was in a cult! I had spent my whole life telling others the exact opposite. Realizing that fact helped me understand why I always felt “rebellious”! I was NOT rebellious, I am just not easily controlled.

If not for this site, I would have never heard of Ray Franz and his book Crisis of Conscience. I think I understand more NOW about the doctrine and I was a born in and I never could understand it, just by reading things posted here. (Leolia totally fries my brain with the stuff she writes!)

I think the org contributed to a my naivety, because I honestly did not know that the questions and thoughts I had I could not express them; that doing so was actually considered “apostasy”. I gained the courage to walk away (fade). I read postings on what to expect from my JW friends and family when I pulled away. I gained the strength from reading others stories that even though it is painful to experience the distance my family is showing me, that I will be ok.

But the most thing I appreciate is that thru your stories I KNOW I can have a great life and I don’t ever want to go back to the madness.

So has JWN helped me? HELL YA!
    THANK YOU Simon and Anghard!!!!

• Branded Rebel
    Branded Rebel

Well said, Sophie G! :)

• SophieG
    SophieG

Speaking REAL TRUTH, Branded Rebel!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's a good online community where you can find people that understand a part of your life. So yeah it has helped.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I appreciate this site for its information and camaraderie.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Never a JW - To answer your question.....many JWs are very intelligent. It's just.....the borg crushes independent thinking and demonizes critical thinking. Those abilities are stolen from you. When people wake up.....they kick start those abilities again voila!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit