There Are Many New Ones Here. Has JWN Helped You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There are soooo many, and everyone is so apart. Just on being people with a similar background, should be a lot more social. When people leave, it would be nice if they had real friends they could associate with, not just go to a website but just friends to do things with.

Most everybody seems to complain or being alone right away. So many leaving it shouldn't be like that.

The online stuff is good to get information, to share information, and atleast in a cyber world have support.

• minimus
    minimus

I love the info you can get from this site.

• eazy
    eazy

This site has helped me tremendously. Thank you all (well most of you)

• youngbro
    youngbro

I have been helped! I would like more people that talk to me, via PM or email/texting t hough.

• jam
    jam

I was having severe anxiety attacks before coming here.

Unable to go anywhere alone. Today, all is fine. Thanks to

you folks. How severe, I lost my drivers license and job

due to passing out when the attacks occured.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

yes..

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

yes, it has helped immensely. I don't hang around here for long periods at a time. I come when I need support or reinforcement, then leave.

I used to think that Simon and Angharad (and the other mods) were sometimes being a bit to quick to shut people down when they got out of hand. But I have to say, I now appreciate their vigilance in trying to keep this a healthy place where new ones confused about leaving the cult can come and feel safe and heard. JWN has stayed on focus for a lot of years. It helped me really examine what I had been taught so that I could finally sort out the mess in my head.

• never a jw
    never a jw

As my name indicates, I have never been a JW, but plenty of people around me are, including my 16 year old daughter. One thing that surprise me of the people here is their apparent high "IQ". Do people here are more intelligent than the ones left behind in the WTS and that's why they left. Or is ist possible that when people leave the WTS their liberation causes their IQ to go way up. No insult intended to no one. I just want to say that many you are incredibly more sensible, better informed and educated than the average JW that I have met in the last 20 years.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Honestly I had to be very open minded when I first found this website. At first I had trouble believing things here, but then when I realized they were true, and not some fabrications, it hit me hard and I got addicted. Candace Conti's case was really helpful too.

• Kaiser
    Kaiser

Yes. Helped a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit