There Are Many New Ones Here. Has JWN Helped You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ammo
    ammo

Very Much, being here, learning here, has laid to rest many demons.

Thankyou Simon and Anghard for providing this site,and your patience with situations, and to all the people that make it what it is- a place to find yourself again, or for the first time, a place to connect with like minded and also a place to grow. Its also a provided a place for me to learn about tolerance and not reacting on so many level's.

• krejames
    krejames

Yes definitely this site has helped and is helping me tremendously - particularly the posts with references and scans of literature etc - makes it easier to see the axes from the tree-stumps hehe. Thanks for setting this up - the membership and posting stats must surely speak for themselves!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This site was and is a life-saver for me, I was depressed to the point of suicide when I discoverd the site, whilst still a J.W

The liberation I got from the knowledge gained here lifted me for a long time. Because I did not seek help, and so did not deal with the root cause of my depression, I sank right back down, but sage advice on here persuaded me to seek professional help.

My Therapist, a wonderfully perceptive and supportive lady, helped me to take all the problems "out of the box", examine them and then deal with them. (They all stem from being born in and staying in the religion).

She has moved me on to a safe place, without this site, I would not be where I am today.

A huge THANK YOU ! to Simon and Angharad and all you good folks on here !

Love you all!

• Branded Rebel
    Branded Rebel

I think it's a great idea and place to come to chat with people who understand what you've been through. I don't feel like such a freak or an outcast anymore. There is life after being a JW and it's cool there are so many people who are willing to support you here. This site is proof you don't have to be a good person to be called a JW. There are great people who aren't JW's too. Thanks for including this Branded Rebel in your world.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome Branded Rebel! Glad you got out in one piece. Is this new to you?

FS

• andys
    andys

Yes JWN has helped me out alot, right now I don't really have much people/close friends who I am able to associate with, I understand in alot of ways I am lacking in social skills but am learning, its so nice to come on here and talk to people who understand and going through the same thing, I do go through my moments, espically the shunning that my parents/immediate family put me through, besides JWN I will fill my time with hobbies, also another thing I have found out that I am really good at and love to do so much that I have a passion for, on a saturday night I go to a night club where I live and love to dance, alot of girls tell me I am an awesome dancer on the dance floor, I have a passion for that and hip hop music, even though I am 34 years old really I am just a kid at heart in my 20's I would guess.

Overall everyone here is just like family, its so nice that if I have a bad day to come on here and vent but overall since I am a positive person I want to try to stay positive and spread that to other people on here, help other people and even on the dance floor I do the same just be very positive.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I have gained so much from this site. I don't post as much now and I do have spells when I don't visit, but although being a. ExJW no longer defines me I still have residual issues that only people here can relate to. It's so good to know that this community exists for us all to get that benefit and share with each other. Many thanks to Simon and Angharad for their hard work.

Loz x

Forgot to add that just like the previous poster I am rediscovering things I love to do....a bit of a recycled teenager I've become!

• nugget
    nugget

Yes it helped me to critically examine my beliefs and start thinking for myself. It helped me to build a new life and find other people who truly understood what I was going through and when the poop hit the fan it helped me to know that I had done the right thing. It was extremely valuable to me personally and I will be forever grateful for the help and support I found here.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

This forum is great!!! It made me realize that I wasn't the only one that had these feelings towards the WTBS. It's also the only place youcan share your true feelings about the borg.

Peace

Kool Jo

• Branded Rebel
    Branded Rebel

Hi found sheep, and yes, this is new to me. Walking away was hard, but felt no one cared to help me even when I asked for help. They just snuffed out my flame. I highly doubt I'll ever go back unless their attitudes change toward people and stop branding them things that are not nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit