CO Visit this week....

by MaybeSo 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I assist in a Spanish congregation so we tend to get more emotional. I was in another congregation where at every meeting, I mean at every single meeting there had to be someone that would cry either giving a comment or at the platform.

So, this CO is white in a hispanic congregation. The wife is hispanic, reason I mention this is because there seems to be an idea that because he is white, he is even more important and should even have more of our attention. And the wife....well, let's just say that I think I know why she married a white brother. She just loves to feed on the importance everyone gives him. She looks like such a snob, like it's not fair that he is only a substitude.

Anyways, I don't have anything against white people. In fact, just in case you didn't know, October is white month so happy white October!*

*Look up Michael Berry radio host.

• watson
    watson

Don't be so hard on the CO's. You have to realize that they use the "trickle down" form of encouragement. There is only enough time to encourage and shake hands with the first in line. Elders and families, lunch hosts, pioneers, etc. Soooo, if you want to really benefit from his presence, you need to make sure you are on the lunch list, or arrange to be in his car group. That way, you can let his encouragement trickle down thru you to the lesser ones.

• BroMac
    BroMac

the new CO was round the other week. at the tues night meeting his first talk was nothing more than give us your money... the whole thing give give give. even mentioned how some kids decided in their family worship to give money from their savings towards the new print presses. hey why not Give of your time to the rbc? they have outlines from hq for the week.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Ok, so today we have the Congregation Book Study....yay! (Sarcasit yay)

Don't be surprised if I jump in here in the middle of the meeting to take a breather.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Yes. Please proceed with the fictitious CO stories

Thank you for the green light. And for your verification as to the truthfulness of our personal experiences.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MaybeSo: That makes me wonder...Why do they receive so much glory and attention as if they were some type of celebrity?

What else are they gonna do for excitement in their otherwise dull and dreary lives as they patiently wait for Armageddon to come rescue them from the relentless monotony of it all?

Remember, there are very few movies, books, tv shows, they can enjoy and not much music either. No internet except JW org.

What's a poor boy to do?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

[double post]

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The last one we had was a real piece of work, a pompous, arrogant, young dick if there ever was one. Trying to be fair, I attempted to chalk it up to maybe him being young and immature, possibly unsure of himself, maybe even uncomfortable in his own shoes. But reality hit me later on that, nope, the guy is simply a prick.

We must be in the same circuit.

Doc

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Bored outta my mind...No donation speech yet

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mother's Day, Father's Day, Birthdays are all a celebration of man and wrong . . . but when the CO comes to town, party, party, party! and green handshakes. Maybe being with a white dude helps the Mrs. repress her Latina sexuality more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit