CO Visit this week....

by MaybeSo 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Never knew Br. Bentley, glad I didn't I guess.

I liked most of our CO's, but there were a few corkers. Anyone else know Jack Thomas? An ex-marine, bullying, over the top and corrupt.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Willis B Bentley Jr does sound like a real "piece of work" as Americans say.

"He had a meeting with the ministerial servants and elders where he went to the literature and magazine counters and checked out the surplus/old literature and made all of them buy a chunk of it themselves so that the congregation didn't carry it on their books."

That is really a sensible thing to do. When I was Lit Servant I did it myself, instead of a contribution in the box, but that is far quicker.

As for " A hole in your soul" ..That is a song isn't it ? "She shot a hole in my soul"

Oldies in dubland often bemoan the poor quality of the current C/O's . Just as policemen look very young when you age.....C/O's get younger and younger. Nowadays they are limited to set outlines and have to do what they are told (or have not the guts to do anything else) They are "company men" raised within the Borg, with no experience of life outside.

I can recall some funny old British ones too. At least they provided some relief from the normal routine. However they spent their lives warning of coming destruction, and promising everlasting life, but death overtook them as it does everyone

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What's his name? Maybe some of us know him.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Yes. Please proceed with the fictitious CO stories. They are even more hilarious than the Bethel tales. God, I love this forum.

• Emery
    Emery

I love how Recovery goes against the very words of the Faithful and Discreet slave he so defends and then expects us to take him seriously.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

What about the day of the Elders meeting, have him over for dinner and put in some of those majic mushrooms, or whatever it is to make him a littl eloopy and see what happens. Video would be appreciated.

NJY

• steve2
    steve2

The award for consistent la-la-la-la-ing with fingers in one's ears goes to....drum role please...Recovery. Well done. It is truly hard to sustain wilful ignorance whilst attacking evidence.

Anybody else remember Willis B. Bentley, Jr?

No, never heard of him. But he comes from a drearily familiar Watchtower mould that I refer to as "Asperger-prone witness males" who "hold" power:

They tend to lack empathy and awareness of how they are coming across. Even dedicated witnesses find it difficult to be around these types of control-freak males but they are real organization men - and the Watchtower could not survive without their work.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Bro. Bentley worked in FS almost exclusively with children.

There's a red flag.

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses CO has new stratagy to meet children

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Anyone knew of any COs with secret habits??

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I used to hate the fact that people who normally missed meetings and F.S showed up when the C.O was there. I rarely went out in F.S when he visited, but would be out the following week when hardly anybody else was, the effort of the C.O's visit being too much, same with Meetings.

The hypocrisy of the congregation annoyed me, or rather made me laugh at them. When I was an M.S I once totally forgot the meeting with the C.O, that didn't go down well with the Elders, but the C.o said, "no matter, the others can tell you what we discussed". Bless him, of course that never happened.

My experience with C.O's spans a number of decades, I was born-in back in the Victorian era, well it feels like it.

Very few were what I would call a pain in the arse in any way, many had quirks, most were boringly forgetable, some were HUGE characters, for you Brits, I go back to the John Blaney era. Say no more ! He was literally a legend in his own lifetime.

Just one, in all that time, and remember they changed every 3 years, just one, struck me as Christlike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit