I was HAPPY as a JW, how did I get here?

by MC RubberMallet 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have a bit of trouble visualizing the GB as mustache-twirling comic-book supervillains,or steepling their hands like Monty Burns, thinking "eeeeeeeeeccellent" at the thought of LGBTs dying (maybe "apostates" dying, but still...), or that they're playing the long con and are smirking in the Tower about how they've pulled the wool over the R&F's eyes.

I already gave a picture, use that instead of the comic book you just concocted. In the RayPublisher Apostasy Trial the lead elder said that he was, "perfectly happy." PERFECTLY HAPPY? Why not just adequately happy? Such an odd statement coming from a JW with their use of the words "perfection" and "imperfection." I grew up believing I was going to be put in an concentration camp, just like so many others. Wonder why!

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I can't concoct my own picture?

One thing you and I are on same page about is the whole fixation on "perfection" and "imperfection"; it's really unhealthy emotionally.

It kinda messed me up for a while when I was younger, in fact, and took a long time for me to get my head around the idea that "perfection" was A) overrated, and B) impossible, anyway.

If the lead elder said he was "perfectly happy" he was not being honest. There's no such thing.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If the lead elder said he was "perfectly happy" he was not being honest. There's no such thing.

Yes, and my point is that's what the people in that picture would have said, but it would have been false. They are the poster children for how bad mind control can get. Mind control is real, more real than we even know and the Watchtower are experts. I would suggest that everybody watch this guys YouTube channell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOm_7HBiOH4

He expertly breaks down the entire JW environment piece by piece, it's truly incredible. Our lives were more than what they seemed. How many apostasy trials went on without ANYONE knowing? That's how you keep them in bliss.

-Sab

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

New Chapter - You understand my point clearly. When I though I was doing God's will, I was happy with all of it. Once I woke up and looked forward though....

Black Sheep - I feel GB members are a few who are successful under the regime, so once they get up top, they don't see a problem with the system...

Christ Alone - Exactly! After being slackers that gave up everything, "probably" we get to be saved!

Breakfast of Champions - Honesty is a hard thing!

Rather Be in Hades - Agreed!

Rip Van Winkle - I don't mind sharing my story. Because I'm not df'd, I can't reveal who I am yet. Thanks!

Glander - That's a rough life to live. To find out it was for a lie has to be anger - inducing. Thanks for sharing.

Steve2 - There are many happy JW's, and you're absolutely correct that is an effect barometer of the goodness of religion. The people in Jonestown thought they were happy, and related as much to the news crew. But far from good... And many JW's end up chaotic as well. Well said...

Vidquin - Yes! Ignorance is not ok with me....

Sulla - It has benefitted me in that way, I will admit. I wouldn't recomment it though. Lol.

DesirousOfChange - Yes, it wasn't long my BS meter couldnt allow me to swallow the garbage...

Undercover - It is ok, until real decisions have to be made

AudeSapere - My pleasure! There were fond memories I still keep....

sd-7 - There were things that disturbed me also, I'll admit. But it's what Jehovah allows until he cleans things up...(sigh)

sabastious - It wasn't a get well soon card. They were simply words of encouragement to keep moving forward....

Outsmartthesystem - We were all under such foolish thinking...

BlueBrother - I thought it was wierd so many were unhappy. Lol. You said it right....

BlindersOff1 - You speak truth!

botchtowersociety - Red pill delicious!

KingSolomon - I like your words, JW's as individuals are not evil people!

Disillusioned1 - Unfortunately, I can empathize with you to a degree. I'm sorry. It is difficult to adjust...

finally awake - Social groups I haven't joined. I am still hesitant. I like your advice to disillusioned1

BungiBill - Were you waiting for me to advise everyone going to one more meeting! Lol.

Vidiot - So you get it!

Elderelite, Open Mind, CobaltCupcake, LostGeneration, Dazed But Not Confused, Smiddy, Jam, Jookbeard, XBEHERE, PuffTheDragon, Krejames, Doubting Bro, Whathappened, tornaport and all others, here is the 2nd part... http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239394/1/I-was-HAPPY-as-a-JW-How-did-I-end-up-here-Pt-2

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

McRubberMallet:

I was not happy as a Jehovah's Witness and it is no surprise that I eventually ended up here. Too bad it was not a decade sooner. Unfortunately, I was ever-hopeful and optimistic that things would get better. They didn't.

I should have obeyed my inner voice in the early years and headed for the door the first time I either: had my intelligence insulted; was spoken to intrusively; saw the attitudes towards responsible working people; saw the appalling attitude towards single women. Any one of these reasons should have been enough.

From all the posts I have read I can only say that the JW religion "worked" for many people. It does not matter how inaccurate it is or how damaging it might be to certain people. For these people it was "home".

For me it was just plain INhospitable.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

LHG - I know many who share the same sentiments as yourself. I felt like being a good brother would help make it easier for such ones instead of allowing the "effects" of the org wake me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit