Please Help! Wife want PROOF of Watchtower Deception

by Indian Larry 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sizemik
    sizemik

Proving WTS deception is not a good choice IMO. The WTS writers are masters at covering their backs with plausible deniability and semantics. Also their "new light" doctrine covers "a multitude of sins" Too much can be debateable or reasoned away.

I have to agree with Leo . . . you need to get a handle on what bothers her the most. Take your time and listen very carefully to anything she might express. Choosing the correct subject makes a big difference. Once you are decided . . . take small steps then back off. Talk about other things too. The watering analogy is a good one.

• cedars
    cedars

If she's looking for clear cut examples of Watchtower deception, show her this video on 1914...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYnMeCpTxIU

Cedars

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

This site has many articles about helping Jehovah's Witnesses to see the error:

http://4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/wtchanges.php

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Indian Larry...

Here is a TERRIFIC YouTube channel that discusses very modern examples of WT ploys. Many JWs immediately dismiss any discussion about "old doctrine." I think you will have better success showing outrageous ploys in current literature. This guy records actual footage and enlarged scans of new books and mags and refutes them with other WT publications and exposes their tendency to quote sources dishonestly. I hope this helps...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WakeUpWitness/videos?view=0

The link probably won't be clickable, but just go to YouTube and search for the channel name: WakeUpWitness

Good luck.

• Fistandantilus
    Fistandantilus

the best way ive found to approach this, is the flip flops on transplants being cannabalism and fractions as they involve lives, how transplants were ok, then cannabalism, then they changed their mind and they were ok again, then show the scripture about people changing with every wind of teaching because they arent spiritually mature and they havent trained their conciences, then demonstrating how we go by the conscience and whims of others, Jehovah never changes, but the opinions ofmen do.

Relate that to how we point out how science changes its mind, and say was it humans or Jehovah that was responsible for those deaths, cognitive dissonance will set in, but Jehovah usually will win.

Then another subject witnesses dont accept is everyone will die at armageddon but if you died a year before your good, point out how you know worldly people who think theyre christian and doing good serving God, and theyre better people than (yourself or something) but they will die just because they were alive at the wrong time (perhaps point out one of her family members)

The thing is force always meets with force, if i were you, i would say they didnt lie to be mean, or back off from that entirely, point out they lied later on because they wanted to protect you, however thats becasue they dont trust in your conscience or Jehovah, give the example of an overprotective parent.

But some lies were how they present 1914 and such, that however at this point will get you nowhere, you can demonstrate dishonesty and not quite lies, the quotes out of context are another thing, one of the most damning dishonest things, is how they were all "get ready for armageddon" and then " "some" thought armageddon was coming but they were immature" that was BS but those are old watchtowers which you would have to buy and show , and thats not going to work at this point anyway, if you have to have to article and cant shoq internet quotes, they arent ready anyways.

• designs
    designs

What does your wife have socially outside of the religion. Stepping into the void is the most difficult transition and many are not equiped to take that step.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Indian Larry I am not sure if you would equate this with outright deception, but I can tell you what opened up my eyes in a big way. This example will only be meaningful to someone who really believes the bible and one who would take the bibles words to be more meaningful than the words of the WTS. I first looked at this line of reasoning after reading Ray Franz's book, "Crisis of Conscience". Ray brought out an article from 1973 that clearly stated that the WTS considers itself as God's end time prophet. This is a fact that no JW will deny and is something that is universally acknowledged among them. Upon a deeper investigation of WT predictions it was painfully obvious that virtually every last time prediction they made had failed. This is evident from their earliest days right up until the latest "generation" fiasco. A real bible believing Christian has to ask themselves just one very important question. Do they REALLY believe that God would raise up His prophet in the last days and that this prophet would have a 100% failure record for all their predictions. Would this inspire even a single person to put faith in them as "chosen" and uniquely directed by almighty God. The one passage of scripture that completely and undeniable shows the WT to have failed the "prophet test" is in Deuteronomy chapter 18. Any honest hearted person who really wants the "truth about the truth" will respond to this.

20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or [ f ] who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord , if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

I hope the scales fall from her eyes.

FWFranz

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Ask her to explain to you how she understands Revelation 2:12 - compared with what we are told it says & means; the explanation in the literature could have been written by Hans (not so) Christian Andersen - or maybe even the Brothers Grimm!

If this straightforward lie does not stir her mental powers, then I don't envy your task!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sorry, REVELATION 20:12

• Fernando
    Fernando

Out of the roughly 85 times Paul refers to the "good news" how many times does he use the word "Kingdom" in the same sentence? Why?

or

Why is the FDS so desperate to hide the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms from ordinary folk?

or

Is legalism apostasy?

or

Why and when did the FDS stop teaching that ALL religion is a snare and a racket?

or

How come Pastor Russell died in 1916 not knowing Jesus has started ruling in 1914?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit