How has God shown Himself in your life?

by Christ Alone 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I used to see God in my life all the time. I would be overcome by feelings of peace and comfort, and I would know that was him. Coincidences would come together for my benefit, and I saw that as him protecting me. I would contemplate nature or look at a beautiful natural view, and my heart would swell with appreciation and I would feel humble.

I no longer believe in a god. But you know what---I still have all those things! Sometimes things just line up perfectly. Sometimes I just find peace and comfort within myself. Looking at stunning sites still fills my heart with appreciation. It's no different at all. I just don't credit a god with those things.

So I must conclude that none of these things that I attributed to a god were actually a god. Because they have not changed. Amazing coincidences still come together, and I know longer pray. I see no real difference in my life as I see in those that look for a god. We both have our ups and downs and they are no better off.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I won't give him credit for helping me meet my fiance who I proposed to two weeks ago. Every JW sister he ever lead me to was so full of themselves and basically blew me off.

I guess I'll give him credit for the last 11 years of Boston Sports.

Three New England Patriots Super Bowl titles, with 5 appearances.

A Boston Celtics title, with two Finals appearances.

A Bruins title, and last but not least, the miracle of miracles.............. the 2004 ALCS against the STANKEES with an improbable comeback to go on and win the World Series that year. Along with another title to boot in 2007.

Yeah...he came though in sports the last ten years.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Keyser...man!...you make me really LOL

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, being that He seemingly disapproved of my going to college, it seems a bit inappropriate to give Him any credit on this end, and even an insult to those who actually DID encourage me (eg my "worldly" Dad, etc).

Although, if YHWH would like an opportunity to show remorse for the JW's anti-education stance, I'm willing to forgive him: perhaps He can direct the GB to cut a check to cover the student loans I took out? They could even institute a scholarship progrm for young JWs, and that would show repentence on His part, too!

(Oh, I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you....)

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

av8orntexas- congratulations on your engagement!!!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Well of course jonsey! The thread tittle didnt specify the 'christian' god, it just asked about god. Thor is my god :-)

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Thank you Rip !

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Congrats! - av8orntexas.

Where you been?

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I had an experience where I was worried about the consequences of something I had to do. I prayed for strength and assistance. At that time I felt as though I were being held, like a loving father holds a child who is crying, and I felt tremendous peace and love.

Whatever that was, whether God or some other power, I can't deny the experience.

I kept that whole story to myself when I was a JW. They would have told me it was the demons.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Cobaltcupcake- Whatever that was, whether God or some other power, I can't deny the experience.

Exactly how I feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit