How has God shown Himself in your life?

by Christ Alone 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

life sucks and then you die. but you can try to make it suck less and make it a long one ticket rollercoaster ride. and noones gonna do much about it.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

rip, even with a creator we just came to exist.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

That would work for me, if He's not up to a more showy display of power.

It didn't work for others, why would it work for you? Assume that Jesus existed and that He did what the Bible says He did. There were those that refused to believe in Him too. Seeing is not believing. There's always an excuse as to how it could've been done. It couldn't be true. Some people wouldn't believe even if Jesus walked up to them.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

jesus walked up to me the other day. i gave him a few euros for a bottle of booze.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Silly J. Hofer. Jesus can make His own booze!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

One time I prayed, then I heard a voice inside my head. It was different from anything I ever heard before. It said “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.” I started crying out “Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!” like my life depended on it. I felt the Holy Spirit.

• tec
    tec

I have felt God in my life - always. I have learned to see Him through His Son, and i have also felt and heard His Son.

He has comforted me, he has given me peace, he has spoken truth... and he has never guided me wrong, nor lied to me.

He has helped me to understand, and He listens. He has taught me about love... and mercy... even to my 'enemies'. (those who have set themselves up as MY enemy)

He gives me hope, and peace, and I am never alone.

If you are thinking something more 'concrete', He has answered my prayers. That is more humbling than I can put into words. I mean, who am I that He would do something like that for me? He does so because of His promises, and His love. Because He is faithful, even when I am not.

Peace to you,

tammy

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

CA said:

It didn't work for others, why would it work for you?

Huh? I said this:

Heck, God could even prove his existence in a Elijah-style magic show, by lighting his own BBQ inside a controlled environment to preclude fraud and slight-of-hand. That would work for me, if He's not up to a more showy display of power.

Do you not remember the details of "Elijah vs prophets of Baal" on Mt Carmel? The account says it had 100% success rate:

38 Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.

39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord —he is God! The Lord —he is God!”

God proved his existence, beyond a shadow of a doubt (according to the story).

But it gets even better when YHWH's agent of loving kindness and forgiveness commits mass murder, killing those 450 prophets of Baal:

40 Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there.

So the "setting fire to YHWH's own BBQ (eh, I mean 'altar')" trick seemed to be a keeper.

However, "the fire on water" trick is not novel or divinely-inspired: it was a common rumor amongst the elite rulers and diplomats, based on Greek myths about "greek fire" that was supposedly used in Naval warfare:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_fire

Hence the account is questionable whether it's inspired by the approach; diplomats engaged in talk about top-level secrets in the Persian court.

Assume that Jesus existed and that He did what the Bible says He did. There were those that refused to believe in Him too. Seeing is not believing. There's always an excuse as to how it could've been done. It couldn't be true. Some people wouldn't believe even if Jesus walked up to them.

Jesus clearly wasn't an inspired messiah, then, as he would've had a better success rate (like Elijah).

• elderelite
    elderelite

I see HIS hand in life all the time! Especially when it rains HE makes it Thunder forth! for that I am greatful, each and every day

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Er...you're talking about Thor, aren't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit